**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat fan art. But I can?t help but look at it and think how that guy is building up his expectations in the wrong direction.

Neat fan art. But I can?t help but look at it and think how that guy is building up his expectations in the wrong direction.

But is that not the hallmark of most SW fans?

Seems so as it led to quite a bit of shock and disappointment in the last set of films....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I would love for it to be a darth Vader show but I know it won?t . He might show up towards the end

Then the focus will be on waiting for Vader to show up, taking the focus away from Obi-Wan. I was hoping it would stay on Tatooine, but now hearing about a water planet etc...I don't know.

0FF930D1-4487-4D93-9889-FA2336C57992.jpeg

Then the focus will be on waiting for Vader to show up, taking the focus away from Obi-Wan. I was hoping it would stay on Tatooine, but now hearing about a water planet etc...I don't know.

I’m hoping that we just get flashbacks of Anakin without Vader suit. I see what you’re saying here and that can detract from the main story. Kenobi should be the main focus, which was initially the first plan Lucas had many, many years ago before even Empire was officially drafted. It would be nice to see everything through his lens if only to understand his take on what happened and his role in it all and the toll it has taken on him. That’s the heart of the story.

This is an excerpt taken from the recently posted article about the series on Sideshow’s site. KK’s quote about it being the “rematch of the century” is yet another good example of why I don’t think she has a handle on the franchise at all. That rematch happened in 1977 and should not be watered down or messed with in any way. I really, really hope the inclusion of Vader in the series doesn’t mean they’ll be meeting up in person or really having much if any type of interaction at all.

C82755C4-5430-4558-878A-E5F5493036EB.jpeg

This is an excerpt taken from the recently posted article about the series on Sideshow?s site. KK?s quote about it being the ?rematch of the century? is yet another good example of why I don?t think she has a handle on the franchise at all. That rematch happened in 1977 and should not be watered down or messed with in any way. I really, really hope the inclusion of Vader in the series doesn?t mean they?ll be meeting up in person or really having much if any type of interaction at all.

View attachment 506742

I actually was kinda looking forward to this. Although not a direct confrontation, but perhaps a Cold War like battle where they come at each other sideways.

But nothing in the previous cannon says the last time they fought was on Mustifar.

Especially if they kept those battles private. Hell we really do not know if Obi stayed full time on Tatooine , or just retired there after years of sparring with Vader.

Vader , in the comics does ALOT of stuff out side the purview of the Emperor and the Empire.

I actually was kinda looking forward to this. Although not a direct confrontation, but perhaps a Cold War like battle where they come at each other sideways.

But nothing in the previous cannon says the last time they fought was on Mustifar.

Especially if they kept those battles private. Hell we really do not know if Obi stayed full time on Tatooine , or just retired there after years of sparring with Vader.

Vader , in the comics does ALOT of stuff out side the purview of the Emperor and the Empire.

The case of the member berries will be back! Vader, Obi-Wan, Yoda will be back. Probably Bail Organa. This should ran in the vein that Obi-Wan is running major interference in order to keep Luke/Leia's identities safe. I'm sure they will have some inquisitors for him to fight. This will probably leads to just some cool fight scenes, but overall unnecessary filler.

The case of the member berries will be back! Vader, Obi-Wan, Yoda will be back. Probably Bail Organa. This should ran in the vein that Obi-Wan is running major interference in order to keep Luke/Leia's identities safe. I'm sure they will have some inquisitors for him to fight. This will probably leads to just some cool fight scenes, but overall unnecessary filler.

Yup. They keep going for the nostalgia jugular , cause it?s the only thing that?s safe with SW fans.

Fans do not want more of the SW universe, because they complain about anything new or different.

What they want is more of that sweet OT feeling.......

Yep. Hopefully Vader won?t be so present in the show. Maybe it?ll be more of a setup for his own series. I?d love to see them explore Vader?s story in detail between ROTS and ANH but not in this show.

For the Kenobi series I?m hoping it feels more like the novel did...maybe with a few off Tatooine events sprinkled in there. After all, Kenobi?s task was to watch over Luke and continue his training with Qui-Gon and there?s plenty of things going on around him on Tatooine that could keep the story rolling.

Yep. Hopefully Vader won?t be so present in the show. Maybe it?ll be more of a setup for his own series. I?d love to see them explore Vader?s story in detail between ROTS and ANH but not in this show.

For the Kenobi series I?m hoping it feels more like the novel did...maybe with a few off Tatooine events sprinkled in there. After all, Kenobi?s task was to watch over Luke and continue his training with Qui-Gon and there?s plenty of things going on around him on Tatooine that could keep the story rolling.

I should think so; a depressed, often lawless place indifferently crushed at times by the Empire - after all, Luke said he hated the Empire so things couldn't have been that great.

Personally I just want more of Qui-Gon. FORCE GHOST Qui-Gon.

It's sad Anakin betrayed all for a power he never got; but then a Jedi was able to reach from beyond; so if Anakin hadn't fallen he could have had it all. They could have Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan talking about the misunderstood prophecy etc. and that baby Leia is also a hope etc.

Production of this seems to have jumped in front of The Mandalorian season 3. Seems the rumors of problems regarding season 3 might be real. It's a real shame that KK and her handpicked Lucasfilm cohorts seem to have torpedoed the show and it's spinoffs because they are jealous of it's success. There are rumors that season three might not drop until 2023 and I am starting to believe them.

They got one of the Safdie Bros? This came out of left field, but I'm intrigued. They got Han from F&F, Taron Edgerton who's always good, that guy who played Agent 47 in that flick (not Olyphant, the other guy) and Varma. I've got to say, that's an interesting cast. I don't know the others (obviously beyond McGregor & Christensen), but I'm intrigued. And I do watch Star Wars for the Jedi/Sith, so I'm not bummed that this might be coming before S3 of Mandalorian. Guess I've got to start saving up for the inevitable Obi-Wan & Anakin/Vader figs.

They got one of the Safdie Bros? This came out of left field, but I'm intrigued. They got Han from F&F, Taron Edgerton who's always good, that guy who played Agent 47 in that flick (not Olyphant, the other guy) and Varma. I've got to say, that's an interesting cast. I don't know the others (obviously beyond McGregor & Christensen), but I'm intrigued. And I do watch Star Wars for the Jedi/Sith, so I'm not bummed that this might be coming before S3 of Mandalorian. Guess I've got to start saving up for the inevitable Obi-Wan & Anakin/Vader figs.

Joel Edgerton and Bonnie Piesse played Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru in AOTC and ROTS.

Back