• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

BEWARE of these eBay buyers/sellers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BEWARE of these eBay buyers

Update: PayPal/eBay ruled in my favor. YAY!:)

eBay told me that his claim was considered "Buyers Remorse" and they will NOT refund people for remorse. They also told me this guy has had his account suspended before. The person i talked on the phone at eBay seemed to be well aware of sports cards and the tricks people try to pull, so he clearly saw it as this the buyer trying to abuse the return policy. Glad eBay did the right thing here.

Side note: anytime you have a problem with PayPal or eBay its always best to call and talk to someone instead of doing it through email. I have had nothing but great customer service from both companies when i call them and they have always been very helpful at answering my questions and concerns.

Glad it worked out for you. I agree that calling is better than e-mailing. I e-mailed Paypal a handful of times about my recent issue, and just got stock, unhelpful responses. Called on the phone and they answered all my questions (even if I wasn't always happy with their answers).

"This ebay buyer ( 4umyluv) wanted a sideshow magneto comiquette off me. I had it listed at $400. He said he would offer $300. I told him the lowest I could go was $350. He agreed. On December 17 he buys it and I send it out ( USPS tracking number 23100740000004210602) .On december 20 I receive an email from him telling me that there is a problem with it. He says that the statue is in good shape except for some small chips and problems with the statue and to email him to resolve this situation. I know there is no problems in fact you can tell from pic I listed that the statue is fine. I tell him he can have a partial refund of $30 or he can return the statue for a full refund. He responds and says he wants $50 and if he receives that we will be good. I agree because I don't feel like taking a loss on shipping . I refund him his $50( on december 20)He leaves me feedback and I reluctantly leave him feedback. Then today he emails me today( January 3) saying he found more problems with the statue and that he wants his money back. This is two weeks later!!!!He now claims the box is beat up ( which it wasn't when I sent it two weeks ago) He also claims the statue is worth half as much due to a bunch of new problems he just found with the statue. He wants me to pay for his return shipping and refund the whole amount to him. I refused and then he tells me that he will just file a claim on eBay / Paypal . If you check his feedback you can also see that he has scammed a buyer for an item too. Seems I am not the first person he has scammed."

Update: I won the case, but apparently he is doing the same thing to another seller.... Hopefully soon this other seller will post here.

Last edited:
chesterhawkes1175 and kato-bomb Non paying Bidders. Ebay really needs to come down on these types harder than they do.

Last edited:
I've just had a rather poor experience with SISCO78ROMA (the eBay shop of sisco78.com). I bought what was supposed to be "Brand New and Sealed" General Grievous PF.

What I received was a badly damaged (and with obvious bad superglue repair attempts) statue. I paid a good amount of money for this so looking forward to seeing what they have to say for themselves. The feedback looked good from other buyers and the online store seems legit enough. Why risk scamming someone when you've built up a good reputation?

Pretty disappointed by the whole thing.

IMG_16831_zpse17a8947.jpg

IMG_16811_zps4b1771f8.jpg

:monkey2

hot_predator from Greece.
Sold a statue to him in October '12 he didn't pay.
Forgot to put him on my list!

He recently won an auction for a couple of figures and again no payment.
He has plenty of good excuses so beware! :exactly:

"This ebay buyer ( 4umyluv) wanted a sideshow magneto comiquette off me. I had it listed at $400. He said he would offer $300. I told him the lowest I could go was $350. He agreed. On December 17 he buys it and I send it out ( USPS tracking number 23100740000004210602) .On december 20 I receive an email from him telling me that there is a problem with it. He says that the statue is in good shape except for some small chips and problems with the statue and to email him to resolve this situation. I know there is no problems in fact you can tell from pic I listed that the statue is fine. I tell him he can have a partial refund of $30 or he can return the statue for a full refund. He responds and says he wants $50 and if he receives that we will be good. I agree because I don't feel like taking a loss on shipping . I refund him his $50( on december 20)He leaves me feedback and I reluctantly leave him feedback. Then today he emails me today( January 3) saying he found more problems with the statue and that he wants his money back. This is two weeks later!!!!He now claims the box is beat up ( which it wasn't when I sent it two weeks ago) He also claims the statue is worth half as much due to a bunch of new problems he just found with the statue. He wants me to pay for his return shipping and refund the whole amount to him. I refused and then he tells me that he will just file a claim on eBay / Paypal . If you check his feedback you can also see that he has scammed a buyer for an item too. Seems I am not the first person he has scammed."

Update: I won the case, but apparently he is doing the same thing to another seller.... Hopefully soon this other seller will post here.

I am the other seller who got scammed by this guy. Block him for sure.

Also saw some of the name that ppl list here:
showcase97

Last edited:
I've just had a rather poor experience with SISCO78ROMA (the eBay shop of sisco78.com). I bought what was supposed to be "Brand New and Sealed" General Grievous PF.

What I received was a badly damaged (and with obvious bad superglue repair attempts) statue. I paid a good amount of money for this so looking forward to seeing what they have to say for themselves. The feedback looked good from other buyers and the online store seems legit enough. Why risk scamming someone when you've built up a good reputation?

Pretty disappointed by the whole thing.

IMG_16831_zpse17a8947.jpg

IMG_16811_zps4b1771f8.jpg

:monkey2

** UPDATE **

Just to let people know what happened to this, I managed to find a cheap postal option and am returning for a full refund. The seller maintains that this was in perfect condition and was checked twice before sending.

However, the packing was awful. It was double boxed but with no packing chips or airbags to cushion the Grievous Box inside the shippers. In addition to this the binds and ties (as shown in the picture) were all undone and removed meaning the statue rattled around during transit.

Whether it was broken to start with, or damaged in transit I can't say but I urge caution if you deal with this seller.

vargaudielis

"do you know what a khuasa is? it's a pig that don't fly straight." scarface

this guy vargaudielis from ebay is a khuasa lol he from lithuania and he sold me a hulk comiquette which i never saw but that to paypal and ebay policies i got a refund.

everyone if the deal is too good there something dodgy ask for photos which the date and name of the seller.

constant contact is a must when dealing with good and money unless they have a good reason why they wer away

peace

shabz

lordhelmchen67 another dishonest ebayer based in germany beware of winning any auctions at a descent price with this guy because troubles will follow

Speaking of people like that, here's another one to add to that roster:

krclixdc

I sold this lady one of my Utapau clones, and she simultaneously won one of my standard Phase 1 Clones. I agreed to combine shipping, even though the auctions never stipulated that I would. Then she demanded that I ship via USPS instead of UPS as my auction specifically stated. I told her that I would be more comfortable with having the standard UPS tracking for my peace of mind, and showed her that it would actually save her money. She reluctantly agreed, and paid me. Then the e-mails demanding immediate shipping began ... despite the fact that I have a clear 3-day handling time on all of my auctions. (I only have a motorcycle, and have to arrange to use my wife's car for shipping.)

When she got the figure, she e-mailed me to let me know that it had arrived, and asked if I'd leave her some positive feedback so that she could reciprocate. I had a bad feeling about this woman, but I left the feedback nonetheless. (I'd have done so already, but I've been distracted lately.)

Sure enough, the next morning I woke to my first ever negative feedback in 13-plus years of eBaying. :( It brought my feedback rating down to 92%. It's back up to 95% now, but that's still enough to make a bidder or two look the other way, I'm sure.

In her feedback she mentioned that the joints were incapable of holding poses. Which is bull, as they were holding excellent poses right up until I put them in the box. (These are the Utapau clones I used in my blog a few months back. Here's a link: Toys Will Be Toys The figure is the one in back. With the heavy gun pointed at the sky.)

No attempt was made to reach me to discuss any issues. I can only assume that this was some sort of hostile feedback in retaliation for not kissing her behind.

One final note: After the transaction, she changed her eBay username. At the time of the transaction, it was Sassy3748. I told her I was considering reporting her to the Sideshow forums, and the next day she had a new Username.

Noticed last week a list of austions for the hot toys ironman 3 diecast range the seller had 8 in feedback was selling out of ireland and listed his city as manchester his add was filled with broken english and all of them sold for the going rate........when its that easy its scary

marvelman3122 he is a career NPB bidder. You can't neg them if you file a claim against them. Stupid policy because the guy just floats by with no negs...

It seems HK, US and anywhere else sellers on the bay are still getting away with listing pre orders for these items (IM3, BDM7). All this despite tons of the auctions being reported. Broken English.... that's hard to imagine from someone in the UK. Might be a fiasco?

Sold about 150 dollars worth of walking comics to a starscream1919 8 days have passed and still no payment. I have messaged him 3 times and he has yet to message me back. Noticed earlier he left feedback to another seller after buying some more Walking Dead comics 2 days ago so he is just ignoring me and not wanting to pay up. I think because the auction he won had some of the same comics in my auction so he chose the cheaper of the two...

Back