Betic's DC Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betic1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys
thought I would start a little thread on some goodies I am working on
very long drawn out process
I am rather slow at these so there may be some time between WIP's and full reveals.

But you should get the idea :)

1st up will be Bizarro , I have finally managed to secure a DC Direct 13 inch Mr B which I will be porting over to my custom "enlarged" body
I always thought he should be bigger and bulkier the Superman. So with his new arms firmly in place ( with great articulation ) I have epoxy'd his chest and back to give him a real menacing look
Like I said still a WIP . B1.JPGB2.JPG

Next up will Lex luthor himself
I went for the WAR suit version as I thought he looked more imposing than just a guy in a suit.
the base is a mix of parts from the spare part bin all painted and stuck together,
I am currently waiting on the head to arrive and will post once complete.L1.JPGL2.JPG

Thanks G
Bizarro is on a standard DCD 13 direct body
I swapped the arms out with the toy biz icons
Venom (much bigger and I prefer the
Articulation)
Then swapped the lower forearms with
DCD 13 inch arms I had removed previously
Then used epoxy to bulk and sculpt it all
Still very much a work in progress

as you wish :)
body suit is the old toy biz green goblin, had the armour removed and Velcro cut out and re sewn over a knock of true type
the only thing I could find with the "ribbed" look.
The armour itself is a mish mash of Hasbro Dengar's for the upper body ( with heaps of epoxy putty )- forearm - shoulder and upper boot covers.
The boots were just something in the part bin, the hands are SS clone tropers
All painted and glued together.
I hope that helps.
thanks for your interest G :)

Great work so far Betic! :clap I spotted those Venom arms straight away, great idea.

See - these are the kinds of DC custom threads I love; folks approaching the classic comic book stuff.

The endless Nolan worship around here, turns me right off into visiting the DC section - we need more customizers like you.

Looking forward to your updates man. :duff

I avoid movie based dc like the plague accept batman returns. Because Tim burton is his own entity. There should be a Tim burton page since toys from his movies are all scattered about. But yea when it comes to dc comics are a must. I want to make my own lex.

It's fine I applause anyone who does comic based figures me and batic are a dying art. thats why there is 30+ pages on the dark night figures and under 10 comic book based. it's only people that read comics and had childhood love of them that keep them going.

Back