Media Bestbuy 25X reward points E3 Promotion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rulk

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone preorder their video games using Best Buy's 25X reward points E3 Promotion?

I assume this is exclusively for Canadians however the wording is a little confusing. After the promotion ends a 10X reward points multiplier is applied to any game purchased after June 17 til December 31st 2016.

If 400 points = $5 rebate

and now that games in Canada are $80 (sucks).. Those that preorder get 25 * 80 = 2000 points or $25 off each game on average

so essentially that is a 31% discount for preordering $55 CDN = $42 USD

What I'm wondering is if anyone preordered their Collectors Editions thru Best Buy

Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition is $299.99 CDN ... so would I get 31% off ?

almost makes more sense opening a CDN account and shipping to US

I preordered

Mighty No 9 Signature Edition which just shipped however when I login to my Reward Points account its not listed (yet)

Curious if this will apply to every single preorder

I preordered:
The Last Guardian Collectors Edition
Final Fantasy 15 Collectors Edition
Gears Of War 4 Ultimate Edition
Persona 5 Collectors Edition

PS4:
Spider-Man
God of War
Days Gone
Resident Evil 4,5,7
Batman Return To Arkham
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
Kingdom Hearts 3
Final Fantasy 12 remake
NHL 17
South Park Fractured But Whole
Injustice 2

Wii U:
Zelda
Paper Mario

if everyone receives a 31% discount with the ****** Canadian dollar, I wonder how they even make money on their video game division.

Ridiculously good deal

I cant even remember the day I last preordered a videogame.

People still do that? Wait a week or two, there will be a price drop.

The promotion ended on the 16th as far as I know. They make money on it because your not getting a discount on the games your getting reward points which have to be used in store and expire, they know some people will forget about the reward points or order a massive amount of games and use the massive reward points on something more expensive and they still make money.

funny thing is so far they've sent me $94 worth of gift cards, which I use to buy PSN prepaid gift cards... and PSN has sales for digital games upto 85% off sometimes.

this time around I notice they don't deduct the discount from the total.. but since my first "preordered" game shipped yesterday, I haven't seen any pending balance in my rewards account.

I hope there isn't a glitch that invalidates my orders from the promotion

WELP

they are full of ****.

one of my orders shipped and they didn't credit me for the 25X promotion as predicted.

what a bunch of tools.

spent 3 hrs on the phone with clueless morons.

Back