BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 more units went up this weekend.
c180869010e6d19e07a26f8ade93c803.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

42882316a7be3e152c2e51343585d6b1.jpg

Let the fun times begin. Started my lighting project today. I kea shorted me on 10 sets of lights. So I have to wait another three weeks but here’s my progress so far.

42882316a7be3e152c2e51343585d6b1.jpg

Let the fun times begin. Started my lighting project today. I kea shorted me on 10 sets of lights. So I have to wait another three weeks but here’s my progress so far.

Very nice and clean look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody ever tried to paint the interior of a Besta?

I am currently in the process of building up my Bestas. I will have two walls of 6x3. Have build up the first wall and it already looks too white. I am now thinking about painting the interior in a dark grey (maybe the back only)... maybe use some foil... don't know.

Anybody made any experience?

I am currently in the process of building up my Bestas. I will have two walls of 6x3. Have build up the first wall and it already looks too white. I am now thinking about painting the interior in a dark grey (maybe the back only)... maybe use some foil... don't know.

I would attempt to block them out with black cardboard paper that you could get from a print store. Something that is non-reflective instead of paint.

Gray contact paper should work. Amazon has a bunch of different grays.

Anyone here know the size of the shelf holes in a Besta unit? I misplaced my drill bit. I think they're 3 or 4mm...?

Hi questions....

1 What is the difference between the SINDVIK and the GLASSVIK? Are they both clear glass? Can you post pics?

2 can you repaint the back of the Besta?

Thanks!

Hi questions....

1 What is the difference between the SINDVIK and the GLASSVIK? Are they both clear glass? Can you post pics?

2 can you repaint the back of the Besta?

Thanks!

Glassvik has glass that sits on top of the wooden frame so basically the whole top looks glossy.

Yeah should be able to paint the besta backing. Might take a few coats to get it smooth. Might also look into hardboard options.

How difficult is painting these without sanding them? Can I just prime and paint?

Thinking of doing a light gray for the insides.

Hi guys,

any way to support the dividing planks from the besta? It's rated for 20kg but some of my statues will be more heavy. I prefer to be extra safe because most are hard to get nowadays.

I have build up my first 3 2x3 Bestas now. Had to dismantle 12 Detolfs before. The increased amount of space is awesome. As my collection room is in the basement my ceilling isn't very high. Putting the Besta on legs isn't an option. However Inreally do not like displaying my figures on the floor height. Therefore I was shopping at Ikea today and looking for ideas.

I was comming across the Billy Morliden door. Is this the same build as Tombo/Fiskviken only in different size? I am wondering if it would be possible to unscrew a tall Morliden and a Tombo door and combine the length of Morliden with the width of Tombo. Adding a custom glass in the correct size (or acrylic), shouldn't be too expensive. Costs should equal 3 big Tombo/Fiskviken doors... anybody ever had the same idea?

I have build up my first 3 2x3 Bestas now. Had to dismantle 12 Detolfs before. The increased amount of space is awesome. As my collection room is in the basement my ceilling isn't very high. Putting the Besta on legs isn't an option. However Inreally do not like displaying my figures on the floor height. Therefore I was shopping at Ikea today and looking for ideas.

I was comming across the Billy Morliden door. Is this the same build as Tombo/Fiskviken only in different size? I am wondering if it would be possible to unscrew a tall Morliden and a Tombo door and combine the length of Morliden with the width of Tombo. Adding a custom glass in the correct size (or acrylic), shouldn't be too expensive. Costs should equal 3 big Tombo/Fiskviken doors... anybody ever had the same idea?

I don't quite grasp what you are planning, but depth, height and width dimensions between Billy and Besta cabinets are completely different. :dunno

Back