BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I had some, but I've only got pics of my billy

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oh ok. The statue you have in the Besta which is it? Just wondering the weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two questions:

1) Anyone know if it's possible to paint the side of one of these? I have all black/brown furniture in my collection but I want the insides to be white, so I was thinking of getting a white frame, and painting the sides (I can just buy the black topper).

2) Anyone have a pic of a Stormtrooper or Snowtrooper (or a mostly white figure) in a white besta? Thanks!

I have a two-tall besta, and I'm going to get a single cube to make it a into a three-tall stack to prepare for the quarter scale Joker and Batman from HT... I'm just curious, do you just bracket them together on the back?

Trying to figure out the best way to have white insides and the black/brown outside still lol
I think people paint the insides, dunno what finish of paint though. Seen people talk about painting their back-boards white.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Two questions:

1) Anyone know if it's possible to paint the side of one of these? I have all black/brown furniture in my collection but I want the insides to be white, so I was thinking of getting a white frame, and painting the sides (I can just buy the black topper).

2) Anyone have a pic of a Stormtrooper or Snowtrooper (or a mostly white figure) in a white besta? Thanks!

img_1314.jpg

Trying to figure out the best way to have white insides and the black/brown outside still lol

If it were me, rather than paint I would go to Home Depot and pick up some white hardboard. It should be just 1/8” thick. Cut it to size, paint the edge and then just glue it on. That way it still has a professional laminated look. Painting over laminate can be a pain.

If it were me, rather than paint I would go to Home Depot and pick up some white hardboard. It should be just 1/8” thick. Cut it to size, paint the edge and then just glue it on. That way it still has a professional laminated look. Painting over laminate can be a pain.

Hey, not a bad idea! I'll have to look into that!

It seems like white for the insides is definitely the way to go... makes things pop a lot more IMO!

Hey, not a bad idea! I'll have to look into that!

It seems like white for the insides is definitely the way to go... makes things pop a lot more IMO!

doh, i was thinking you wanted your outsides white lol. That makes it easier I think. For the backing you can just nail the hardboard into the back instead of using the supplied backing or it may slide in the grooves- not sure but you may have to ream those slots out a little. The insides should be easy enough once you have your shelves installed- they’ll even cover the shelving holes which is a nice bonus. I just used the same stuff for backing on a living room entertainment unit I built. Made it from a closet organizer and it didnt come with backing. You wouldnt know the difference.

89A5EE9F-EC95-413A-9984-24C5F4CEB1A1.jpg

Chad Man, you got some awesome XM pieces. :rock

Really nice set-up.

Thanks there are a few more just in boxes right now . It’s spring break so my daughters are all home . I’ll get to unbox Weapon X and Carnage next week . I have besta’s sitting in my truck now waiting to be built .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks there are a few more just in boxes right now . It’s spring break so my daughters are all home . I’ll get to unbox Weapon X and Carnage next week . I have besta’s sitting in my truck now waiting to be built .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back