BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So finally getting around to replacing my Bestas that I lost in Hurricane Harvey...WTF! Why did IKEA change everything? They don't make the legs I used anymore, they don't make the color I had, everything is separate,...really annoyed.:gah:

Which color and legs did you used to have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An old biok store is closing nearby and I will get 11 Bestas for free. It is the discontinued full height double width version. (120x192 cm)

I am now debating wether I want Fiskviken (aka Tombo) or Glassvik. Both are widely available in Germany new and even used (thx to Ebay flea market app that is highe overhere).

I really like the Tombo but having seen [user]irezumi[/user]s display, the Glassvik are also very appealing. Wires and lightning would be easier to hide and the idea of raising the collectibles with an extra floor is brilliant (and adds some worthy space underneath). Irezumi do you still have pics of your display with open doors? I cannot find them anymore...

An old biok store is closing nearby and I will get 11 Bestas for free. It is the discontinued full height double width version. (120x192 cm)

I am now debating wether I want Fiskviken (aka Tombo) or Glassvik. Both are widely available in Germany new and even used (thx to Ebay flea market app that is highe overhere).

I really like the Tombo but having seen [user]irezumi[/user]s display, the Glassvik are also very appealing. Wires and lightning would be easier to hide and the idea of raising the collectibles with an extra floor is brilliant (and adds some worthy space underneath). Irezumi do you still have pics of your display with open doors? I cannot find them anymore...

I’m in the states and found a couple of Tombo doors thinking that’s the best option...but I was convinced by my wife and others the glassvik has a more sleek look and I went with it and I’m truly not disappointed. Now I have 3 tombos for sale

15442347_1208487355855281_4050769336094781287_n.jpg
15589997_1208487349188615_6736008461991139874_n.jpg

Wow. You cut the base? How exactly did you do that? I’ve been trying to figure out a way to fit my blaster in a Besta but not sure I’d be comfortable modifying the base. I’ve been looking for acrylic gun display stands instead but haven’t had much luck tracking down ones that will fit the blaster.

Will be getting my first Prime1 in the upcoming months (Suicide Squad Batman), and want to put him in or on top of a BESTA, not sure yet.
Has anyone here put custom doors on their BESTA, as I would like to put in one big see-through door like on a Detolf (glass or plexiglass), as I don't like the big frame on the doors IKEA sells and was curious how that would work with the BESTA hinges IKEA also sells :)

Or does anyone have other tips/suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow. You cut the base? How exactly did you do that? I’ve been trying to figure out a way to fit my blaster in a Besta but not sure I’d be comfortable modifying the base. I’ve been looking for acrylic gun display stands instead but haven’t had much luck tracking down ones that will fit the blaster.

I had the same issue when looking for options for alternative stands. So in the end i cut the base to fit, i used a jig-saw for a clean cut. The mirror top is actually plastic so i marked through a few times with a sharp knife to avoid cracking the mirror effect with the jig-saw.

Will be getting my first Prime1 in the upcoming months (Suicide Squad Batman), and want to put him in or on top of a BESTA, not sure yet.
Has anyone here put custom doors on their BESTA, as I would like to put in one big see-through door like on a Detolf (glass or plexiglass), as I don't like the big frame on the doors IKEA sells and was curious how that would work with the BESTA hinges IKEA also sells :)

Or does anyone have other tips/suggestions? Thanks!

There are a few options / different ways to achieve exactly what you are after. I had some full length custom doors made which use the besta hinges / door knobs. Have a look under the Stuva thread and you will see some photos. If you require more depth for any of the 1/3 prime one pieces or even larger 1/4 scale pieces, Ikea Stuva is an option as it is 10cm deeper.

There are a few options / different ways to achieve exactly what you are after. I had some full length custom doors made which use the besta hinges / door knobs. Have a look under the Stuva thread and you will see some photos. If you require more depth for any of the 1/3 prime one pieces or even larger 1/4 scale pieces, Ikea Stuva is an option as it is 10cm deeper.

Thanks for the reply! They look great, love the set-up you have going on there :)
Will look into the Stuva's and finding a carpenter who can help me out!

I had the same issue when looking for options for alternative stands. So in the end i cut the base to fit, i used a jig-saw for a clean cut. The mirror top is actually plastic so i marked through a few times with a sharp knife to avoid cracking the mirror effect with the jig-saw.

Nice. I'm now leaning towards hanging mine on the wall. I found this post on another forum and I thought this was a cool idea.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/to...-wall-mount-hooks-for-your-blaster-of-choice/

Am I the only crazy that’s using glass shelves instead of the regular wood shelves?

I've got glass in mine

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

For hot toys I’m guessing right? I have some statues in there but switching to wood now because Thor and hulk are heavier than or close to 22 lbs

For hot toys I’m guessing right? I have some statues in there but switching to wood now because Thor and hulk are heavier than or close to 22 lbs

I've got glass in my hot toys billy, and I've got glass in my bestå with a statue on one shelf

I've got glass in my hot toys billy, and I've got glass in my bestå with a statue on one shelf

Do you have pics by any chance ? Ty in advanced

Back