BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah for for now all 3 will fit just fine in detolf. When the dima for hulk is revealed we will see. Should be revealed very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just posted this, and I hate to double post...but I just bought a BESTA to display some PFs in and I definitely want to set up some lighting. Any recommendations as to what I should use?

IMG_2006.jpg

Hi, I know this is an old quote, but when buying that Besta, are you able to place the shelf that is in the middle of the pic (the one where Indy is standing on) on a height you can choose yourself?

Also, are those statues Premium format?

Drum is correct it is in the kids section. Basically you buy the Stuva carcass and then buy the Besta doors to match. The thing is it comes in white only. You can get the same size units as Besta and the doors will fit from the Besta range. Most of my cabinets are Stuva as I needed the extra depth also.

Here is a couple of examples.

View attachment 329258

View attachment 329259

I didn't use doors as I didn't want a seam in the middle so I used Perspex instead.

I like those red and blue lights behind the Iron Man statues, which are those?

I like those red and blue lights behind the Iron Man statues, which are those?

They are the colour changing led strips from IKEA. I think you can still get them but not sure. I have them hooked up to a remote switch so 1 button turns all of them on.

Ah, yes, I got this one yesterday together with a Besta. I also bought two shelves with the Besta, but I don't understand yet how some people use the LED lights itself on the Besta. Right now I have bought a LED light, and it comes with three or four parts (lights). Only in the total length of the Besta/shelf itself, it only has room for two (parts) of the LED light. Or is this also how other users have done it?

(also do you have a solution to hide the cables in the Besta)?

Ah, yes, I got this one yesterday together with a Besta. I also bought two shelves with the Besta, but I don't understand yet how some people use the LED lights itself on the Besta. Right now I have bought a LED light, and it comes with three or four parts (lights). Only in the total length of the Besta/shelf itself, it only has room for two (parts) of the LED light. Or is this also how other users have done it?

(also do you have a solution to hide the cables in the Besta)?

With these lights being on the back of the besta I just drilled a hole for the cable and put the wire through. I dont use the strips on the shelves normally, I use the pucks and centre them on the shelves and run the wire back to a hole I drilled behind the shelf. Best way is to use thin trunking to hide any wires. Here is an example. Dont know why it is sideways but it gives you an idea

View attachment 338782

Last edited:
Hey guys. Im planning on buying this single besta unit. For the ones who have it. Mind sharing a few pics with 2x premium formats inside? I have 2x 1/5 scale statues im hoping will fit
W
c912f1fe1bafcdc3e603f3c4dd4aa91b.jpg

I'm looking for an IKEA unit to purchase that will be able to sustain two detolfs on top. Anyone have any ideas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm looking for an IKEA unit to purchase that will be able to sustain two detolfs on top. Anyone have any ideas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I bought a kallax one and did the measurements. It will work with two detolfs on top. I used the room creator software in ikea to verify it

Me neither... I click on top right and hit web view

I do not understand the rationalisation behind getting rid of a full glass door of any kind for the Besta system :cuckoo:

Back