BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering if the Billy's are any good for 1/4 scale. Does anyone use them for PFs? I like that you can customize the height unlike the Besta, but not sure if the depth of the Billy is no good.

You can customize/adjust the height of on the BESTAs too, on their 2x1 and 3x1 shelves.

You can customize/adjust the height of on the BESTAs too, on their 2x1 and 3x1 shelves.

Can you share a link of the 2x1 and 3x1 you speak of? Bunch of besta storage units and want to make sure I'm purchasing the right one thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering if the Billy's are any good for 1/4 scale. Does anyone use them for PFs? I like that you can customize the height unlike the Besta, but not sure if the depth of the Billy is no good.

They used to do a 40cm deep Billy but I am not sure if they still do.

Quick question.

I recently bought two of the IKEA BESTA shelving units, the vertical ones that are about 50 inches high. My question is with the assembly of them. So they came with these, or at least what appears to be these wall stoppers. Now I think the idea is that you put the wall stoppers on first, lean the shelving unit against the wall, then screw it into the wall.

I'm not even sure if that's what I am supposed to do with them. My other question is if I actually need to do this? Or can I just leave them as be. They do feel a little wobbly right now, but maybe with two statues in there the weight will be alright. Did anyone else buy these shelving units and not screw them into the wall? And if I have to, do I actually need it to line up with a stud, or will any place in the wall be fine.

The whole unit didn't come with the appropriate screws either for this, so I'm also wondering if I have to go back to the store or will any type of screw work.

They are indeed for fixing the units to the wall, if that's what you intend to do.
You can have them flat to the floor or on legs but Ikea suggest you still fix the to a wall with a bracket or tether for safety.
Ikea never provide fixings outside actual furniture use (screws/rawlplugs).

IMG_4660.JPG
This is the one I got a month ago.. guessing this ain't the one

This is the one I got a month ago.. guessing this ain't the one

That's the single 1x1 BESTA unit. The 2x1 and 3x1 is basically 2 or 3 of those stacked on top of each other, except you can adjust the shelves in the middle.

Guys. I need a few expert opinions. Im assembling the ss avengers. See pic. What type of besta you suggest me using? Hopefully with front glass as well. Thor will be the tallest at 25.75 i think.
710a86b33f0f01f4c8eb019973646ddc.jpg

That's the single 1x1 BESTA unit. The 2x1 and 3x1 is basically 2 or 3 of those stacked on top of each other, except you can adjust the shelves in the middle.

IMG_4661.JPG
IMG_4662.JPG
So these ain't it either correct? Just asking cause someone was selling one locally

So these ain't it either correct? Just asking cause someone was selling one locally

Those above are combinations, which means it just comes with all the various parts to make it. You can custom make your own using the links I provided in the previous page, which are for the shelves, and then you can put whatever doors you want on them. Doesn't have to be like those pictured above, because of course you want clear glass doors to show off your display. Those are already set combos, the total cost is basically the sum of all the parts needed to assemble that.

These are the basic frames you can get:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/12151/

and here are the various doors:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/12152/

and you can get whatever other accessories you wish. My display is all custom made, you don't need to get the combos that they have unless you really like how it looks.

Guys. I need a few expert opinions. Im assembling the ss avengers. See pic. What type of besta you suggest me using? Hopefully with front glass as well. Thor will be the tallest at 25.75 i think.
710a86b33f0f01f4c8eb019973646ddc.jpg

With Thor being 25"+, you're going to need at least a 2x1 so that you can adjust the shelf one notch to allow him to fit. I'm not sure of the dimensions of the bases so I don't know if you can fit all into 1 BESTA, I'm going to assume not, so unless there's space to raise 1 or 2 of them on a half shelf, you might need to do a back-to-back display, or have them paired off in different displays, or go the PAX route.

Those above are combinations, which means it just comes with all the various parts to make it. You can custom make your own using the links I provided in the previous page, which are for the shelves, and then you can put whatever doors you want on them. Doesn't have to be like those pictured above, because of course you want clear glass doors to show off your display. Those are already set combos, the total cost is basically the sum of all the parts needed to assemble that.

These are the basic frames you can get:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/12151/

and here are the various doors:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/12152/

and you can get whatever other accessories you wish. My display is all custom made, you don't need to get the combos that they have unless you really like how it looks.

Thank you so much for your input and time. This helps me out a lot.

Thanks! I got a lot to learn. These are the dimensions for im cap and thor. Thor is the lengthiest at 12.5" Guess ill have to wait for hulk

c2d7385bd2c0b35b8f6ac13a0a016cb0.jpeg

Back