BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like there's enough space for a front row of 4-5 figures, and you can load the top with maybe 7-8? Would that work? Might not look that aesthetically pleasing though, and you'll have that empty space on the bottom tier behind that first row of figures. I may try that if there are still STUVAs around at my IKEA, I have some figures I posed sitting, kneeling, or might be short enough to put behind under the glass shelf on the bottom tier. Great idea!
:hi5:

It might work, but the glass is 14 inches long, and the Stuva is a little bigger than 19, so you may have only about 5 inches of space in the front. You would have to have the figures right up to the door of the display.

Which stuva you speak of? The frame?

Yes, the frame, it's almost the same as the Besta, but it's a little bigger width wise, so it's a bigger in depth. They are not listed on the US website anymore and they are gone from my Ikea.

It might work, but the glass is 14 inches long, and the Stuva is a little bigger than 19, so you may have only about 5 inches of space in the front. You would have to have the figures right up to the door of the display.

Yes, the frame, it's almost the same as the Besta, but it's a little bigger width wise, so it's a bigger in depth. They are not listed on the US website anymore and they are gone from my Ikea.

They seem to have some in stock down here in miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the only difference is it's deeper and the stuva is 16 dollars cheaper than the besta

If anyone is looking to buy bestas and can't decide on color or are open.. the new Walnut Grey besta color looks really nice. I have black myself but they are just so dark and the white looks kind of cheap so it's a very nice in between.

Question for anyone who has them -

On the planner, it looks like you can put the shelves in above the hinges for the doors rather than under.

Would this be a good way to go if I want to have 3 full shelves, and then the half shelves in back? I'd primarily be displaying 1/6 figures, and I'm worried about the border taking away viewing.. Thanks!

Question for anyone who has them -

On the planner, it looks like you can put the shelves in above the hinges for the doors rather than under.

Would this be a good way to go if I want to have 3 full shelves, and then the half shelves in back? I'd primarily be displaying 1/6 figures, and I'm worried about the border taking away viewing.. Thanks!

Yeah you can put them in over the hinges and then you're only losing a few millimetres from the border as a pose to two inches.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Cool. Anyone have pics of these with just 1/6 figs? I'm worried they might be too spread out =/

53a1aea599a2ea19364dc12b8e4d555e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I'm new at this but what type of shelf is that, meaning do they have different names for different heights?

Think of BESTA as the line and just look at the different models as 3x1, 2x1, 1x1, 1x2, 1x3 (height x width) going by how many units. The above pictured is a 3x1 w/ unfortunately sold out TOMBO doors. The 1x3 are also similar to the TV stand/shelf, unless they got rid of the standard 1x3.

Anyone with really big statues here? Have a 27" fig coming that I'm not sure how to display. I guess I could still use a Besta but it wouldn't have a door at all at that size...

Anyone with really big statues here? Have a 27" fig coming that I'm not sure how to display. I guess I could still use a Besta but it wouldn't have a door at all at that size...

If you do use a BESTA, make sure its the 3x1 or 2x1, just have to adjust the shelves, and you can still put doors on it. Play around with the setups, you can make it work. A lot of my big statues from Prime 1 will probably have part of their bases hidden behind the door borders or my BESTA shelf in front (to house my 1/6 vehicles and diorama setups) so that the character shows more through the glass door.

Which? Voltron?

Back