BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ikea don't sell complete units. You pick the cabinet, doors & legs then build your own.

What they show on their site is an example, all are individually boxed and located in different isles.

Thanks for the information! Until now, I've just been using a curio and some bookshelves but I want to upgrade. I literally knew nothing about these setups until scrolling through a few pages of this thread yesterday.

A couple noob questions for you all (I love what I've seen so far in this thread)...

1) I really like the look of the double- and triple-stacked black Besta cabinets. Is the most common choice the Sindvik black-brown 60x40x64 cm size, "shelf unit with glass door?"

Like this: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59047642/#/S59047642

2) What's the preferred method for securing them to each other when stacked?

Thanks!

Instead of stacking 3 of those, you can buy a tall Besta frame like this:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90245946/#/90245946
Then add a couple shelves and 3 Sindviks (or Glassvik) doors.

I don't think that model is available in the states. Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing.

Drum is correct it is in the kids section. Basically you buy the Stuva carcass and then buy the Besta doors to match. The thing is it comes in white only. You can get the same size units as Besta and the doors will fit from the Besta range. Most of my cabinets are Stuva as I needed the extra depth also.

Here is a couple of examples.

View attachment 329258

View attachment 329259

I didn't use doors as I didn't want a seam in the middle so I used Perspex instead.

It does exist in the USA. It's listed Under the KIDS department.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/childrens_ikea/18836/

Last edited:
Drum is correct it is in the kids section. Basically you buy the Stuva carcass and then buy the Besta doors to match. The thing is it comes in white only. You can get the same size units as Besta and the doors will fit from the Besta range. Most of my cabinets are Stuva as I needed the extra depth also.

Here is a couple of examples.

View attachment 329258

View attachment 329259

I didn't use doors as I didn't want a seam in the middle so I used Perspex instead.

Quick question about the STUVA, do the BESTA half-glass-shelves fit in the back where those holes are, or is the depth of the holes more than on a BESTA?

Quick question about the STUVA, do the BESTA half-glass-shelves fit in the back where those holes are, or is the depth of the holes more than on a BESTA?

No the half glass shelves don't fit but you can drill an extra hole where you need to and fit them in.

Was at IKEA yesterday and they no longer carry the large Stuva shelves, just the single ones

The holes with the Stuvas are different from the Bestas. I have the wider Besta glass shelf (14in) with my Stuva that works, the 6in one you probably will have to drill holes.

It's too bad, I think the Stuva frames have been discontinued. I couldn't find any 2 months ago at my Ikea and it's not listed anymore. I prefer them over the Bestas because of the deeper depth.

24655679180_28a8cd9671_b.jpg

24324336073_48a4d34ba2_b.jpg

The holes with the Stuvas are different from the Bestas. I have the wider Besta glass shelf (14in) with my Stuva that works, the 6in one you probably will have to drill holes.

It's too bad, I think the Stuva frames have been discontinued. I couldn't find any 2 months ago at my Ikea and it's not listed anymore. I prefer them over the Bestas because of the deeper depth.

24655679180_28a8cd9671_b.jpg

24324336073_48a4d34ba2_b.jpg

You are a genius :) I never thought to do that, I have loads of glass Besta shelves sitting around doing nothing but now I am going to use them in the Stuva. Thanks for the idea.

You are a genius :) I never thought to do that, I have loads of glass Besta shelves sitting around doing nothing but now I am going to use them in the Stuva. Thanks for the idea.

Lol, thanks. It works well with smaller stuff, doesn't leave enough room to stack 2 rows of 12in figures though.

Lol, thanks. It works well with smaller stuff, doesn't leave enough room to stack 2 rows of 12in figures though.

It seems like there's enough space for a front row of 4-5 figures, and you can load the top with maybe 7-8? Would that work? Might not look that aesthetically pleasing though, and you'll have that empty space on the bottom tier behind that first row of figures. I may try that if there are still STUVAs around at my IKEA, I have some figures I posed sitting, kneeling, or might be short enough to put behind under the glass shelf on the bottom tier. Great idea!
:hi5:

I'm wondering, did that guy ever post his pics of the Wolverine-Hulk dio in a BESTA to show how much is sticking out? :dunno:huh

Am anyone point me here with links if possible for ikeas must haves please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back