BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're excellent, they look like they were made for the Besta. I got "Oval" diffusers and the light that comes of them is great.

Lights1.jpg

Yes, I got them from a UK shop but if you search for "anodized led aluminium profile" you should find them elsewhere.

This is what I built over the weekend. 50 inch version with Glassvik doors. Not my final set up and I need to do some work on the lights. Also ordered some of the 6 inch wide glass shelves. Forgot to buy those at the store. Overall I love these and I'm going to do one more just like this for another area of my cave in a few months.

Thanks! It's so nice to finally have room and still be able to fit Drax when he arrives. They were all crammed into a Billy before.

Yep, with BESTAs you can fit 8-10 figures in a unit, practically side-by-side without looking crowded. :rock

It is so great to be able to fit so many in but I definitely underestimated the lighting. What do you use? I'm going to have to change what I've got in there.

I've got my Besta group coming Thursday. I'll try and post some pics late this weekend - assuming all goes well.

Still playing heck trying to get someone to make me some custom doors for the built-in display shelves tho. Hoping to have it within the next few months tho.

Today is the day. I'm waiting for some form of disappointment to come my way. :lol I'm sure I'll receive a broken door or something....:lol

Which ones are you getting?

My 6 inch wide shelves arrive tomorrow so I can add them at least to my 2 bottom units. Will allow so many more figures and display options.

Which ones are you getting?

My 6 inch wide shelves arrive tomorrow so I can add them at least to my 2 bottom units. Will allow so many more figures and display options.

I went with (2) of the 75" tall Bestas and "TV stand/double wide" Besta for the middle. Got shelves for them along with Sindvik doors. Won't arrive until late this evening though. Got work tomorrow, but might stay up trying to assemble them. I've waited so long.

Good choices. I may do that on the next one. I definitely had more room for mine height wise but I can also use the top to display things as well. Post pics when you get everything set up!

Yep, with BESTAs you can fit 8-10 figures in a unit, practically side-by-side without looking crowded. :rock

bb553201695f0d2dfd421983f99dbef2.jpg
6170dfb6a8b2d19a699b6c57eb352c6b.jpg

You def can. I have 4 bestas filled up, and 4 detolfs filled up. I just hope they bring back the tombo doors and I may just get some more bestas and sell my detolfs o_O

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Do the new lights for the Besta Strobe something. have the same lighting as the inredas? or am I screwed?

DSC05498.jpg
Going to have to buy a 3rd besta and move everything to the window. Cover the window with bestas.....

Took me all weekend to assemble the bestas, install doors, etc. Ridiculous. :lol

Finally got them up. My MMPR collection is loaded up, statues to follow in the next few weeks. I absolutely love it. I'm going to return the legs that I bought though. Didn't care for them on the bestas. The doors are great - I didn't bother with the 'door lock/push latch' thing - horrible, horrible. We put them on the units downstairs and still don't care for them, so I skipped them on the other units. Everything really matches the surroundings well, all in all. Very happy with my purchases. I've still got a lot to do though until everything is out and displayed.

My other major display installation got pushed back even further though until September - scraping my previous idea for a brand new one. I've got some family coming to help fabricate it. Fingers crossed it finally comes to light.

Back