BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any word on the new tombo doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren't being released in the U.S. This post is from the other forum:

Hello Barbarian,

Thank you for contacting IKEA. Although we do our best to respond to all emails as quickly as possible, due to such high demand, it is possible to experience a delay as stated on our website. We apologize for the untimely response, and we thank you for your patience.

Regretfully, IKEA has no plans in the future to produce the FISKVIKEN in the US.

We do apologize and appreciate your inquiry.

Best Regards,
Jessica

They aren't being released in the U.S. This post is from the other forum:

I'm not giving up hope that the Tombo doors come back to the USA until May. I've had many experiences where a customer service rep gave me information that turned out to be completely wrong. Most of the time if it's not in their script or on the computer they just tell you it's not happening. Ikea seems to release new stuff in April so i'll wait till May before i give up hope on ever getting the Tombo Doors.

The people you can talk to probably don't know more about it that what can be read already on their website, and they consult said website to give you answers. It's just the only tools they are given. Don't expect them to know.

I got details of the new range well before it was instore. The person I spoke with was well informed.
No plans on going there any time soon though. House is pretty much full!

Another trip to ikea is in order soon for me anyone heard anymore on besta going out of range?. Im hoping the doors come back to uk shores or i may just cave and grab some soon. Whats regarded the best next to tombos?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Glassvik are nice and the boarders aren't too intrusive.

Gotta go next week, so much for full house wifes orders, so I'll enquire.
They would be good for hiding shelf adjustments too i suppose. I may go next week while im off over easter as i need some more lights too lol.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I've been happy with the Glassviks and being able to hide shelf adjustments keeps things looking really clean. I think the key is putting the taller pieces on the higher shelves and the shorter pieces on the lower shelves.

I've been happy with the Glassviks and being able to hide shelf adjustments keeps things looking really clean. I think the key is putting the taller pieces on the higher shelves and the shorter pieces on the lower shelves.

Except isn't there a limit? I can't get Superman PF to fit on the top-most shelf because of the door hinge location, it gets in the way of where the shelf needs to be to fit his 25.5 or 26" height.

I opted for the cheaper Vindiks, aren't they basically the same as the Glassviks except lighter due to different border material?

Except isn't there a limit? I can't get Superman PF to fit on the top-most shelf because of the door hinge location, it gets in the way of where the shelf needs to be to fit his 25.5 or 26" height.

I opted for the cheaper Vindiks, aren't they basically the same as the Glassviks except lighter due to different border material?

Very good point, you are correct. I can barely fit the new Boba Fett PF in the top shelf with the shelf lowered as much as it will go, and I am positive that the upcoming Vader PF will not fit in the same space.

I modified the top shelf to sit on top of the hinge so Supes and Batman would fit. I used a small router but I'm sure a Dremel would do the same thing.

Just move the hinge for the door. I had to do this on my besta for the Keaton PF as the shelf was right on the hinge so I moved the hinge and the door is still good.

Just move the hinge for the door. I had to do this on my besta for the Keaton PF as the shelf was right on the hinge so I moved the hinge and the door is still good.

How do you do that with doors that have set hinge spots? I know on the TOMBOs, you can sort of slide the hinge up and down to where you want it, but like the SINDVIK for instance, the spot/position where the hinges are can't be changed.

Back