BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a lot of chit-chat earlier in the year about Ikea shaking up the Besta line. Can someone remind me what ultimately changed? Are the Besta units and Glassvik doors still pretty much the same?

They look the same to me at least, on the website. I need to buy some more white ones...

Black replaced black/brown pretty much the same otherwise.
The white may be slightly different but i'm not sure, never bought white.

Units don't come with shelves, they need to be purchased.

Black replaced black/brown pretty much the same otherwise.
The white may be slightly different but i'm not sure, never bought white.

Units don't come with shelves, they need to be purchased.

Gotcha. Thank you.

Can anyone here confirm if the white color changed?

^ Ugh. That's lame. $10 too, just for a hinge?!

Still waiting to hear if anyone knows whether the white color was altered or not.

Edit: Never mind. Apparently the new white color IS lighter than the old one.

UGGGGH. Not happy right now. I wonder if the white STUVA is the same shade as the old white Besta?

Last edited:
Yesterday i finished my Custom LED installation on my Besta, i did it as modular as possible

5050 LED (Cold white, 5meter,)

Dimmed light:
CIMG3933.JPG

max light:
CIMG3927.JPG

Yesterday i finished my Custom LED installation on my Besta, i did it as modular as possible

5050 LED (Cold white, 5meter,)

Dimmed light:
CIMG3933.JPG

max light:
CIMG3927.JPG

Nice setup. How's it look with the lights on?

One more question before I decide what the heck to buy. I wish IKEA would just keep their stuff the same!

Did the white color of the Glassvik doors also change?

Ok so I decided to jump in on a Besta system. Went with the White. I don't know what the difference between old white and new white, but I'm guessing that all new stock will just be the new white version.

As for the reason why I jumped on board is because there is an instant 15% off all Besta items for Ikea Family Members. I also have a coupon for 20.00 off 150.00 purchase. I printed out 10 of these coupons. You have to do the math to maximize your discount. Do this math before going to Ikea. Create a note on your phone with item numbers and how many orders it will take.

LINK to 20.00 off 150 coupon
https://d2ywyzu8czsj82.cloudfront.net/ikeaimages/FY16WK46NatlCpn/en/bc/slice2_mem.jpg

Example of order number 1
besta 102.458.46
51.00 x 3 = 153.00
-20.00 printed coupon
133.00 plus tax

Idea is to figure out the math of your build to get as close to 150.00 without going too far over.

Step 1 cashier scan Ikea Family member card
Step 2 scan all items
Step 3 hand cashier printed 20.00 off 150.00 coupon
Step 4 Pay
Step 5 Load them up in your vehicle
Step 6 Repeat

I was able to do this until I couldn't fit any more in my vehicle.
If the coupon doesn't scan no worries, This also happened to me one time. Cashier has a laminated coupon of all Coupons next to register. They just scanned the Laminated coupon to give me the 20.00 off.

I will post pics once I get it all setup. So long Detolfs :)

Ok so I decided to jump in on a Besta system. Went with the White. I don't know what the difference between old white and new white, but I'm guessing that all new stock will just be the new white version.

As for the reason why I jumped on board is because there is an instant 15% off all Besta items for Ikea Family Members. I also have a coupon for 20.00 off 150.00 purchase. I printed out 10 of these coupons. You have to do the math to maximize your discount. Do this math before going to Ikea. Create a note on your phone with item numbers and how many orders it will take.

LINK to 20.00 off 150 coupon
https://d2ywyzu8czsj82.cloudfront.net/ikeaimages/FY16WK46NatlCpn/en/bc/slice2_mem.jpg

Example of order number 1
besta 102.458.46
51.00 x 3 = 153.00
-20.00 printed coupon
133.00 plus tax

Idea is to figure out the math of your build to get as close to 150.00 without going too far over.

Step 1 cashier scan Ikea Family member card
Step 2 scan all items
Step 3 hand cashier printed 20.00 off 150.00 coupon
Step 4 Pay
Step 5 Load them up in your vehicle
Step 6 Repeat

I was able to do this until I couldn't fit any more in my vehicle.
If the coupon doesn't scan no worries, This also happened to me one time. Cashier has a laminated coupon of all Coupons next to register. They just scanned the Laminated coupon to give me the 20.00 off.

I will post pics once I get it all setup. So long Detolfs :)

I was going to do this, but my wife said no, we bought $1500 worth and only used 3 coupons (so left $140 on the table) but she didn't want to stand in line for 20 minutes over and over again :impatient:

I was going to do this, but my wife said no, we bought $1500 worth and only used 3 coupons (so left $140 on the table) but she didn't want to stand in line for 20 minutes over and over again :impatient:

Haha very cool. Yeah lines were very long for me too. I used 4 coupons yesterday. Today I'm building.

Well day two of the build. I bought 8 Besta frame 102.458.46 White, and two Besta TV units 702.998.79 white. I didn't understand what made the TV unit hold more weight than the frames, but now I do. The two Center vertical pieces are made of much more denser particle board than the standard Frame unit. Even though the Besta frame center vertical piece has the same size and thickness. I also like the engineering on how the TV unit is put together when it comes to wire management.

I was going to place the second TV unit next to the first one to give me 6 cubes across, but decided not to because the TV units do have wire management built into design and there are cut outs of the back board of the unit which I really don't need if I'm not using it as a TV stand. So I will return the second Besta TV unit tomorrow.

Right now from left to right I have four 47" horizontal stacked then---> 70" TV unit then --->four more 47" horizontal units stacked. This look is very nice and clean. What I like about the Besta system is that you can re arrange them anytime creating a new look.

Right now from left to right I have four 47" horizontal stacked then---> 70" TV unit then --->four more 47" horizontal units stacked. This look is very nice and clean. What I like about the Besta system is that you can re arrange them anytime creating a new look.
postpics.gif

:lol

Agreed. I went to Ikea yesterday with a plan in hand. Well Once I got there they didn't have all the 22 White Glassvik doors in stock. I started looking at the Sindvik doors, which are almost half the price, and they had them all in stock, pallets of them actually. I sat there re calculating all the math I did at home trying to optimize my 20 off 150 coupons.

I kept staring at the White Besta display unit with the White Sindvik doors and the only thing that bothered me a little was seeing where each of the four pieces of laminated wood connect together. It seems noticeable from about 10-15 ft back. It's so hard to judge when you are in a warehouse environment than you actual home.

For those who have Glassvik what made you choose over Sindvik obviously price was not a deciding factor since Glassvik are almost double the amount?

@Drum18,
just so I dont leave you out I wanted to leave you with a pic :)

rsz_1rsz_1img_3586.jpg

I'm going to pick up some more soon and my regret from the last one I built was not doing drawers on the bottom. I need somewhere to put the ex parts. Plus it will lift the bottom cubes up a bit making them easier to view.

Anyone know how they work? The shortest cabinet frame I see is 15" while the drawer frames are roughly 10" or 7" high I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back