BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it easy to set up lights in the besta units.

Easy-ish. Requires some minor drilling. You should plan it before finishing assembly and that way you can easily drill the holes you need into the back panel. You can run the vertical wires on the inside up behind shelves without drilling, or you can make more holes in the back panel and run them behind the cabinet.

Easy-ish. Requires some minor drilling. You should plan it before finishing assembly and that way you can easily drill the holes you need into the back panel. You can run the vertical wires on the inside up behind shelves without drilling, or you can make more holes in the back panel and run them behind the cabinet.

Good to know . I wanted to get the lighting situated during the build so I wouldn't have to keep moving things around.

Heya all, I'm in the same boat as some of the other guys, having debating on designing and having built custom display case- wall sized area (would have to pay a carpenter to do the mill work and assembly as i'm not good with power tools)... Or to just measure and buy Besta cases w/ glass doors and be done with it...

I do have a question for all Besta owners with glass doors:

Do they keep the interior contents relatively or very dust free or is there additional work needed to make them so they keep mostly dust free?

I'd probably go with the white Bestas and add in some LED strip lighting.

I'm looking for a really nice case to display my XM Magneto with lights. Any help would really be appreciate...

I'm looking for a really nice case to display my XM Magneto with lights. Any help would really be appreciate...

You could try using a Stuva with Glassvik doors. They are deep enough to accommodate Mags plus you can use LED light strips for lighting. The Stuvas come only in white and you can get them in 1x1, 2x2, or 3x3 configurations.

Congrats on picking him up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I'm going to be heading down the Besta road here shortly as well. Had my sights set on detolfs for a long time but it seems these are the better route to go.

a couple of questions for you veterans Besta builders if you could be so kind to help a newb out:

What all do I need? I have the Besta Frames, Sindvik/Glassvik Glass doors, Besta soft close hinges (1 per door) and the Besta Shelves (glass or solid?), anything I'm missing?

How do you attach the multiple differing size shelves to one another? It looks like most are sitting on top, but wasn't sure if that was stable or just some additional fastening not visible in pictures

I have about 75" to work with vertically, and 192" horizontally and a largeish (80 some figure) 1/6 collection and a larger Transformers collection (200 or so, G1 and MP lines) and lots of graphic novels, so that's what I'm wanting to get in here. Any suggestions for display options?

The square legs better than the arch ones? Seems like they're adjustable whereas the arch ones are not.

Hi all,

Going to my local-ish Ikea at the weekend for a new display cabinet as i have filled the ones i have now. Can someone link a Besta cabinet for me, not quite sure which are the best ones to purchase. I have quite a few 1/4 statues coming to i need quite a bit of space on each shelf.

Thanks!

Nice work, although if I'm honest I skim read the article in a couple of minutes and then spent 15 minutes looking at the cosplayer.

Nice work, although if I'm honest I skim read the article in a couple of minutes and then spent 15 minutes looking at the cosplayer.

lol! I thought it was a good idea to put her in there. ;)

Yea, it is mostly for people that are coming up to me asking or are in the market right now for this. Or just new to the hobby.

Back