BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use 3M VHB as I recommended and cut small and thin pieces of it. When using small pieces it will be easy to remove later.

Statues are finally in place DSC03016.jpg
DSC03018.jpg
DSC03022.jpg

Ok, not having read through all 305 pages... Not sure if this has been answered - for those who have the Besta with glass doors - do the cabinets keep air tight enough to be completely or mostly dust free over time? or does it require regular dusting?

I used to have JYSK versions of the Ikea Detolf - double door style. Lovely display cases but require regular dusting. My house seems really dust-collecting prone for some reason.

Thanks,
T.J.

There are gaps, but it still keeps a good amount of dust out. Gaps are also much smaller than detolfs, which is why I went the BESTA route. I'm in your shoes as well when it comes to my area being extremely dusty, especially when opening the windows during the summer.

I put some foam tape in the gap and it seems to work pretty well. I put it on after the doors were on so I was only able to get it on the 3 sides that don't have the hinge but my display has stayed pretty dust free

I put it on after the doors were on so I was only able to get it on the 3 sides that don't have the hinge but my display has stayed pretty dust free

You can also adjust the hinges to push/pull the door closer to or away from the cabinet frame, so it can accommodate different foam thicknesses.

I put some foam tape in the gap and it seems to work pretty well. I put it on after the doors were on so I was only able to get it on the 3 sides that don't have the hinge but my display has stayed pretty dust free

Nice. Which one did you use again? I remember you posted pics a long time ago, and I saw I have these two in my wishlist:

Amazon.com: M-D Building Products 2113 Low Density Foam Tape, 1/2-by-3/4-Inch by 17 Feet, Gray: Home Improvement
3M 4941 VHB Double-Sided Acrylic Foam Tape, 45 mil, 0.5" x 5 Yards (Dark Grey): Adhesive Tapes: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

does ikea still make mirror inserts for the besta? or have those been discontinued with the rehashed line?

Say NO to all battery powered lights. They will eat the batteries quickly and they're a hassle to turn on and off.

Say NO to all battery powered lights. They will eat the batteries quickly and they're a hassle to turn on and off.

Okay got it, thanks. Do you have a suggestion of ANY LED lights? Strips or pucks? I've kind of hit a wall in selecting a set so any help would be appreciated.

I've always made my own lighting setups and will be offering something based on my designs for sale which I think is better than anything else on the market, so I don't really have anything to recommend at the moment. If you have an IKEA nearby, their simple Dioder is low-priced and generally works.

I've always made my own lighting setups and will be offering something based on my designs for sale which I think is better than anything else on the market, so I don't really have anything to recommend at the moment. If you have an IKEA nearby, their simple Dioder is low-priced and generally works.

Great thanks.

Ello, I have been going back and forth for about 6 months on whether to build a custom display or invest in Besta units. I finally decided on the Besta units. Here is my render that I am very happy with.

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).jpg
    Screenshot (6).jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Personally, I'd put the small units at the bottom instead of the top, and cover them with solid doors.

Back