BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a quick before and after between my Vassbo doors and the new Sindviks. Much better viewing window! Color wise the new doors are half a shade darker but it's not noticible, at least under my lighting. They were out of stock on the matching basic door for my bottom cube which I use for storage. I'm leaving the door that was on there and I can barely tell the difference.

Vassbo

Sindvik

That looks great! I have 9 Sindvik doors, their hinges, shelves and legs sitting in my garage waiting on the frames to be delivered next Friday.

Can't. Friggin'. Wait.

That looks great! I have 9 Sindvik doors, their hinges, shelves and legs sitting in my garage waiting on the frames to be delivered next Friday.

Can't. Friggin'. Wait.

:rock

I agonized over the decision to go for them over the Glassviks. Fate helped since Ikea was out stock on them. They were coming in the next morning, but I was leaving and would have had to make my family leave later than they wanted since I couldn't fit them all in my car. I'm really happy though. Have to finish putting my frames together and then I have 10 more doors to mount.

I will post more (better) shots later. I have a mix of black and white frames but all the doors are black. I think these will look awesome on the white ones.

finally got around to finishing my office closet conversion (huge sliding door closet from previous home owner).Much better use of the space! now I just need to fill it (top shelves are ikea color lights, rest are regular white. These are the old ikea besta's (got when on sale months ago). I plan on doing a 5 wide 4 tall (full size 4 tall) setup along a wall in the same room with the black/brown new units.

1.jpg

Hello! I have been going through all the pages and pages of Besta love in this form and WoW amazing job everyone! I have not seen any led strip light tutorials like the Detolfs have in their section. How have most people done their lights? I just bought a bunch of Besta's (they are still in their boxes) and am planning on using similar led light strips like the ones on Detolfs though wanted to see how most of you with your amazing set ups did your lights. Thank you!

picked up 2 more Glassvik doors yesterday.Even with the price increase, I knew I would be bothered if my doors did not match. However I do know like the idea that I have to pay for door hinges, and my Ikea took away their spare parts area (which I was hoping to snag original hinges)

Still got to pick up 1 more Glassvik door, and waiting on my LED materials to finish up the display

finally got around to finishing my office closet conversion (huge sliding door closet from previous home owner).Much better use of the space! now I just need to fill it (top shelves are ikea color lights, rest are regular white. These are the old ikea besta's (got when on sale months ago). I plan on doing a 5 wide 4 tall (full size 4 tall) setup along a wall in the same room with the black/brown new units.

View attachment 187871

Looks great, I love the White Besta!

Finally started setting up my statue room/office months after moving. installed lights on my 2nd besta. You know i bought the inreda lights like a year ago and I go to install them and 2 of them didnt have the screw! I decided to make a trip to IKEA and they said they couldn't do anything. I wait line for over a half an hour! So I went to the light section and saw they dont have INREDA anymore. Something new. with bigger light bulbs. Im glad I have an extra INREDA. Looks like they might discontinue it soon? thankfully the screws were the same though.
The best part is the outlet is connected to a light switch, so when I walk in I can turn on the statue lights without a remote or anything weird! Perfect!
17166300933_95c7054880_k.jpg
18239447106_315fd001df_z.jpg
18367285305_e6294b09b5_z.jpg
18179484098_e569a7e11f_k.jpg

I'm getting really tired of Ikea discontinuing everything. It does look like the Inreda lights are on the way out and are going to be replaced by some new light that requires batteries :mad:. STÖTTA LED light strip - IKEA

Are they still in stock or have they replaced them already? I might need to pick up 1 more set of 4 if still available to match...

Are they still in stock or have they replaced them already? I might need to pick up 1 more set of 4 if still available to match...

I tried to purchase a few online today and it let me add them to my cart but after I filled in all my shipping info it told me that they were unavailable. It lists my store as only having 1 in stock. It looks like I'm going to be looking for some other lighting ideas from somewhere else because there is no way I'm going to order the new ones that run on batteries.

Looks like it was well worth it, though! State of the bad-** art.

p.s. Been meaning to ask, the extension shelves in the second column's bottom two cubes, are those standard to Ikea? I've seen them in PAX units, but do they make them for Bestas?

Back