BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't find clear black glass here in the US, anyone have the same issue?

So tired of having my besta shelf exposed to dust

Billy, Pax, Stockholm, etc... Too. Best for 1/6 figures in which respect? Fitting the most figures? Fitting them with a lot of head room? Being able to view them from the side as well as the front? Display them without taking up a lot of floor space? Most shelves? For the price?

Ummm lol, I was thinking in the simplest of terms honestly. With regards to fit for a humble collection. Thanks Pixel, just a few names puts in the right direction.

I'm here at Ikea now, Kallax looks decent.

The only issue with Kallax, is whether or not you can find glass doors for them - if you want/need them. AFAIK, they've been discontinued around here. My modified Expedit (same as Kallax) hold a bunch of figures, and the unmodified cubbies below will hold my TV 1/6 figures - with custom glass doors.

So the US site is still not updated to reflect stock in stores right? My mom is going to be at Ikea this week and I want her to bring me back 3 of the 50" tall white Bestas. I still don't see the new frames online but the 3x1 is there.

So the US site is still not updated to reflect stock in stores right? My mom is going to be at Ikea this week and I want her to bring me back 3 of the 50" tall white Bestas. I still don't see the new frames online but the 3x1 is there.

Try the app, for whatever reason that seems to work when the website doesn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up 3 Glassviks $55ea, no difference except your hinges are $5 a piece now ($10 for a bag of two) sold separately. I woulda got the Sindviks at $35 a piece but not close enough a match to my existing Besta/Glassvik setups.

The new hinges are quite nice. Push the door and it glides closed. You have the popper mechanism too so you press the door to open it. I bought the Sindviks over the weekend. They are nice and the new darker brown/black is really quite dark so I like them. Bought 3 1x3's in white with the brown/black doors and shelves. Nice contrast and I am very happy with them

Not sure if it's just the weight of the Sindviks or if it's always happened but with all 3 doors open the unit does fall forward. Luckily it was empty when it happened and I caught it early but definitely needs strapping to the wall for safety.

My Ikea also says not available via the website. They have tons of stock in the store though so don't rely purely on the website :D

Not sure if it's just the weight of the Sindviks or if it's always happened but with all 3 doors open the unit does fall forward. Luckily it was empty when it happened and I caught it early but definitely needs strapping to the wall for safety.

Seems kinda off that 3 doors would bring an entire frame falling forward. Sounds like the glass is quite heavy.

Newsflash: glass is heavy. :) Then there's the other issue: cantilevered when open

haha, thanks Einstein :p , yeah the doors are heavy, just caught me off guard though as in an earlier discussion someone was saying there;s no issues with not strapping them to the wall and that he had kids etc. The solution is don't open all 3 at the same time, I feel a prepared speech coming on when I have visitors that stay over :D

someone was saying there;s no issues with not strapping them to the wall

You'll find plenty of people saying there are no issues riding a motorcycle without a helmet or other gear, driving a car without a seatbelt, having sex with strangers without a condom, etc. It's all good until it's not. :)

Back