BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for my ignorance but are the sindvik doors same as glassvik? Or the frame is wood?

Single Cubes...

dylop5.jpg

2 & 3 Wide...

eti05d.jpg

2 & 3 High...

2w3vrxg.jpg

Ljusvik Door (white only)...

1z3aqoh.jpg

Sindvik Doors...

334572a.jpg

28m78.jpg

2hg6808.jpg

Lamb Shank...

Delicious!

Thanks for the pics!

Do they have a 1x3 extension, as they do a 1x3 regular? Is it the last pic you posted?

Think the Sindvik are £15, Vassbo cost me £25 each, but hinges need to be bought separately.
Unless you're just replacing and using the old ones.

The 'soft close' hinges are very nice though.

Yup, last pic is a 1x3 extension. White on brown also looks nice :D

I like it, but I'd probably recommend going with the black-brown and then using some kind of laminate for the inside. That way you maintain the harder-wearing original surface on the outside.

I like it, but I'd probably recommend going with the black-brown and then using some kind of laminate for the inside. That way you maintain the harder-wearing original surface on the outside.

Good idea. I also wouldn't have to worry about the masking being perfect and painting over the edges. Just not sure if I should go all out with laminate or vinyl, or look for a not-so-bad type of contact paper.

A nice contact paper would work well, I didn't mean to imply it had to be a rigid laminate, sorry. :)

N/p. I'm open to anything. If I can find a contact paper that's thick and possibly textured, that would be ideal. Rigid laminate, though possibly expensive, would probably look a lot better. I could also adhere it to small panels or frames so I could fit it into the BESTA compartments without manipulating them. A sort of nondestructive decorating. If it's rigid enough, I may even just cut out squares and put them on the shelves to accent. Lots of options!

As for contact paper, this doesn't look so bad: DC Fix 346-0632 Weathered Oak Adhesive Vinyl Film - - Amazon.com

The product detail and table photo on that Amazon link look great - so much in fact that I'm going to save the zoomed image for use as a texture. :)

This sucks, my store is all out of white Vassbo doors and I have 3 at home that I had on the 1x3 shelf but are using TOMBOs now... I want to create a 2x3 set up but I'll be missing 3 doors.... are any of the new ones suitable replacements or do I have to find them online somewhere?

Looks as though the US site is still catching up. Some items in the planner are still "image not found." And colors between the frames are incomplete. Some frames are still missing. The funny part? It still says "Check back April 12th" when it loads. :rotfl

ikea-date-fail.jpg

April 16th Update: US site's planner now has a date-free message saying they're working on it. Delays and such, but it's still being completed. Their selection is not 100% online yet. Just a heads up.

Back