BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:hi5:

Always liking your reviews Chris, interested to hear your thoughts on the EFX shield. Although after watching your vids I immediately want to buy stuff. That's how I got my IM Maq, so thx for that. :lol

Thanks a lot, egel. :) I will try have my review up as soon as possible. Glad to hear I motivated you towards IM MQ. I'm sure you will agree that once you have that... you can relax a bit about IM since you don't feel as big an urge to get anything else IM related. At least, that's how I feel. He does it for me. :)

So they made the besta slightly cheaper by removing shelves and changing the metal connectors to plastic, but still make you buy shelving which ultimately makes it a higher price?

WELL PLAYED IKEA

Depending on the price of the frame it can be cheaper. For display of the stuff typically discussed here, you only need a maximum of 2 shelves for the tall frame.

^^ Exactly. I have so many extra shelves (like 8-10) so I have those to play around with if I get the new frames. However, the old ones are on sale at my IKEA now so I might just pick those up and end up having more spare shelves. Still haven't seen how different the whites are, old and new, but hey, the old ones are selling for like $50 a frame (3x1) so mind as well stick to the old. :yess:

I need to find a dentist.

Two high please. On the website it doesn't show it and I know we are waiting for the 12th. Just ask them if it's still going to be available thank :D

Confirmation previously given that the 2 squared model (24x15x50 in WxDxH inches) remains:

3. Most of the current size frames are staying... 24x7x15, 24x7x25, 24x15x15, 24x15x25, 24x15x50, 24x15x75, 47x15x15, 47x15x25. Also, the TV units (the ones with the holes for wires are going to be coming in the 15 & 25" heights.

That width x height is also available in Stuva.

Last edited:
Single Cubes...

dylop5.jpg

2 & 3 Wide...

eti05d.jpg

2 & 3 High...

2w3vrxg.jpg

Ljusvik Door (white only)...

1z3aqoh.jpg

Sindvik Doors...

334572a.jpg

28m78.jpg

2hg6808.jpg

Lamb Shank...

Delicious!

What scale were the miniatures inside that cabinet in the fourth photo? And were IKEA selling them?

EDIT: I didn't think I'd find them so quickly, but a simple search for "miniature" on the UK site and poof:

huset-doll-s-furniture-living-room__0186295_PE338432_S4.JPG

Can't see any scale info. Definitely going to look at this the next time I'm in the store. For my daughter. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Back