BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you make those design plans?

With IKEA's Besta planner?

I just picked up a 3-tall Besta from the local IKEA's AS-IS dept for 30% off, $77 Canadian plus tax. Just going to re-assemble it in my workshop now.

Are any of you Besta owners using the (optional) metal shelf clips that sit the shelf between two holes and brings it forward to touch the doors?

What are those? How do those work?

These ones?

115444_1024x1024.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to ikea yesterday, the Besta's here are on sale for 15% off which is nice.

I'm trying to figure out my display. 3 x 3 for now would be cool. Problem I have is I want to display the mega statues (Superman PF, Batman PF, etc) but I know they aren't getting into a Besta with glass doors.

And part of me, for whatever reason, wants to change the dynamic of the shelves to include the mega statues. Basically, not have all the shelves uniform in the 3 bestas. But then I can't do glass doors.

Ugh, decisions, decisions.

Where are you located? I can see it on the local add, is this an internal sale

Do you have a pic of it Jpuli? I wondered how it would look but it didn't look as sturdy as the pegs with the screws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry no pic, but its a non issue, its secure. I had to use it because of the door hinges. They were using the peg I would've used to lower the shelf. It brings the shelf forward closer to the door making a gap in the back, but its not noticeable.

Just got off the phone with ikea. They are discontinuing tge glassvic 102.780.35 doors. In april they are bringing in another version of the glassvik.

Not sure where else to ask this, but does anyone know the weight limit for a Stuva shelf? Since they're made for children's wardrobes, while Bestas are made for books/media/decor, I'm concerned their max load would be much less. Google has not been kind to me so far.

I doubt you will find anything as they're designed for hanging childrens clothes and adding draws.
Basically the same as a Besta design so should be good for 30kg.

That seems a lot on a Besta shelf :horror

Basically the same as a Besta design so should be good for 30kg.

30kg seems like a lot! I once saw a pic with a 3-unit tall Besta and there was a statue/PF on the top shelf. About the same dimensions and weight as the Pred 1:5 statues, and you could see some slight sagging in the middle of the shelf. Those certainly are no where near 30kg.

Back