BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. Full shelf is 36cm, half shelf 16cm.
Or you could go with the glass shelf, same price and dimensions. They look cool with a strip light directly behind them, makes the glass look like it actually lights up.

I prefer the glass shelfs. I tried the regualr black inreda shelves in my best unit and I thought the glass looks much nicer.

C1AD5035-BA7B-4D47-BF31-292189A97CCE.jpg

66B3204D-B75E-4B27-987B-642CA3297F78.jpg

Does anyone have pictures of their 1/6 and 1/4 in white shelves? I've been seeing black very often for a while now on here that I'm starting to wish I went black instead of white... lol

Does anyone have pictures of their 1/6 and 1/4 in white shelves? I've been seeing black very often for a while now on here that I'm starting to wish I went black instead of white... lol

I think I put some pics a few pages back, but here is one I just took. I like the white bestas because the pieces stand out more. Though you could always line the back with a mirrored panel or print out a poster/backdrop. I tried mixing 1/6 with 1/4 but it just didn't look good for me (waiting on another piece for the bottom corner :lol). So I just use a Billy for my 1/6 stuff.

DSC_0139_zpsa3e04e9f.jpg

Did some built ins in my office for my display. Also built a temperature controlled room in my basement customized for the IKEA PAX units. Not a fan of glass doors as I move my stuff around regularly but dusting is a once a month chore and I probably don't even have to do it that often. Still a work in progress but it's getting there

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

How do people feel about the actual QUALITY of the Besta cubes? I've heard a lot of negative things about Ikea pieces in general (dorm room quality stuff, etc.), and Bestas aren't cheap. It makes me wonder if I'd be better off getting a curio cabinet or something.

@ Bmutha, Col, and King

Thanks guys! These are just some quick pics I took to show how the setup is coming along. Still have some big plans for that blank wall and the office. I'll update the collection thread eventually

If you take care of IKEA stuff, much of it can last a person's lifetime. Especially something like the Besta which doesn't see much action as a standing display cabinet. Most other furniture out there at 2 to 5 times the price is made with lesser quality materials and hardware.

Well, I'm talking about the American-made $800+ cabinets. They should be pretty high quality. A lot of them have nice lights that can be turned on and off with a simple switch, so that's a big plus.

I know two people with Ikea experience. The first absolutely adores it, the second starts foaming at the mouth with rage the minute she hears the "I" word. The only Ikea by me is a pretty far drive, so I haven't seen many pieces in person. The Bestas look great, there's no doubt about it. I'm just a little nervous about quality.

Well, I'm talking about the American-made $800+ cabinets. They should be pretty high quality. A lot of them have nice lights that can be turned on and off with a simple switch, so that's a big plus.

I know two people with Ikea experience. The first absolutely adores it, the second starts foaming at the mouth with rage the minute she hears the "I" word. The only Ikea by me is a pretty far drive, so I haven't seen many pieces in person. The Bestas look great, there's no doubt about it. I'm just a little nervous about quality.

You can save a ton of money, (to put towards more statues), if you go with Ikea. I have a ridiculous amount of furniture from them, entertainment center, desk, bestas, paxes, etc and they're all top notch.

In college I worked at a major furniture store's distribution center, (for a few months, it was a terrible job), and the furniture they sell is basically the same only with a huge mark-up. I was actually shocked at how cheaply made a lot of the furniture was compared to the price tags.

Yeah, the Besta just seems so well suited for this hobby. I get compliments on my Besta all the time. People actually ask me if it's custom built for my statues. :lol

If your store still has TOMBO, pick up it fast. Yes, they're discontinued but some stores are selling them dirt cheap to clear inventory. Mine still has like at least 100 doors, lol.

Glassvik has thinner border, is a lot heavier, and costs about $45 US. Vassbo's are slightly thicker border, much lighter as the frame is the wood/whatever most BESTA shelves are made of,, and costs about $15 I think.

Back