BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been done loads with the Detolf but Besta would need something very sturdy.
Why not just put solid doors on the bottom cubes and use for storage?

That's what I did. I use the bottom for storage (which my wife appreciates cuz I had stuff everywhere) and the top 2 for displays. The top cube on the 3-high unit is still a comfortable height--I don't think I would want it any higher than it is. I also have mine on legs.

Tell me about it. Initially, I didn't have the handles because I liked the clean look. Until one of my friends let the tombo door slam shut on the wooden besta which made my heart stopped and I added the handles.

Interesting. I have no friends so I don't have that problem :lol
The Tombo doors come with rubber bumpers for the wood to help with that.

My kitchen ikea furniture has these IKEA dampeners on the hinges to prevent that too
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80126213/
I wonder if they will fit tombo hinges

The dampers are Blum's "blumotion" and I wouldn't put them on the glass doors. They work by pressing up against the surface of the door, and while the glass is pretty strong, you don't want repetitive stress on a single spot, especially if there's a manufacturing defect in the glass you don't (yet) know about.

Stick to the rubber bumpers and just close the doors carefully.

rsz_dsc_0243.jpgimage.jpg
Has anyone used any other ikea piece to somewhat raise a besta unit?

This is my new setup with the besta stainless legs, it finishes them off very well i think.

:yess:
I think he meant a piece of furniture or table to raise the Besta higher, not legs.

Now go fill that cabinet...Looking good.

It is getting filled very soon already have Punisher ex, Deadpool ex, chewbacca ex arriving next week, followed by Red skull ex and Hydra ex but there will still be more spare space :yess:

Yes it fits in just, if you like the fact he can only face that direction its cool. Im happy because its out of the road nice and safe.

Awesome! Good to know! Thanks! I'll try that myself! Congrats on the setup. Looks Classy!

I have those legs as well they are amazing. The real question is how the heck does that Red Hulk fit in there? My green Hulk sticks out a country mile depth wise

it does touch the front door but i have put some soft foam on the inside of the door it only sits out about 5mm

Just picked up some white Besta's to house all my upcoming PF's. I want to light them, and have I tried both the IKEA Inreda and Dioder. But found them too yellow for my taste. Anyone found a better alternative to these , I'm looking for more whiter light.

If you can wait a little while, I have a line of lighting products coming out designed specifically for IKEA cabinets. There will be both black and white wire versions specific to Besta and Detolf cabinets to start, with Cool white and Warm white LED options. Everything will be included, and the kits are modular, allowing you to connect multiple units/cabinets to a single power supply.

Back