BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Vassbo and Vara are the only suitable options for display purpose now unless you want to make, or have something made, custom. Or if you want to go doorless - and there's nothing wrong with that. Strange because I always thought the Tombo was a decent seller for them - but I suppose it's limited to display purpose and many people would opt to just go doorless in that case.

I suppose mostly collectors bought the Tombo which would be a tiny percentage if their customers.
I was surprised when I was told they didn't sell well.

Went to my local ikea this morning and picked up three tombo for my future display. There were 20 in stock.

I hate when IKEA pulls of such a thing. :(

sadpup.jpg

If they didn't change things around and introduce new items you would be displaying your PF's on something like this...

XXX_4_august_068edit.jpg

You never know, they might come up with a better option.

I can confirm that TOMBOs are discontinued here in Asia as well .

Collectorcol, so there's a new display type doors coming in April ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been looking at getting besta for my growing collection!!!! Since i dont have room for the PAX should i just go with the billy???

Billy with Morebo doors are about as close in style to a Besta+Tombo you're going to get at Ikea right now. The Morebo doors are actually pretty much the same thing as Tombo except with different dimensions. Same style frame, hinges and pulls. Hopefully they don't discontinue these - Billy is more of a display cabinet/shelf system (rather than storage like Besta), so the glass doors are probably safe.

IMG_3117.jpg

Image from: https://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17577&whichpage=2

Besta is the best imo.
If you want doors protecting you collection as far a I know the Billy use a double door which means you will have a join down the middle which can look unsightly.
Check out the Ikea site for options and if you want Tombo be quick.

Besta is the best imo.
If you want doors protecting you collection as far a I know the Billy use a double door which means you will have a join down the middle which can look unsightly.

The image I posted shows how you can split your display such that the frame down the middle doesn't affect the view. Tombo doors are (were) short, so people with long displays (statues) also had unsightly horizontal frames that they couldn't do anything about. Billy and Moreba should work much better for these kinds of collectibles.

If you don't want any frame lines it's best to go with huge glass panels like I did - no frames at all. ;)

Besta is the best imo.
Check out the Ikea site for options and if you want Tombo be quick.

I dont live within 5 hrs of an Ikea and i will be in Chicago in 2 weeks and online it shows they dont have much left in the Besta.

Im trying to get a list together for when i go so i know what to get.

The image I posted shows how you can split your display such that the frame down the middle doesn't affect the view. Tombo doors are (were) short, so people with long displays (statues) also had unsightly horizontal frames that they couldn't do anything about. Billy and Moreba should work much better for these kinds of collectibles.

If you don't want any frame lines it's best to go with huge glass panels like I did - no frames at all. ;)

The split doesnt really bother me much. I know my sinestro and green lantern PF combo will look great with the long doors.

Back