BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He ripped me off of $494 and a figure. He only posts in a couple of sections and to keep any other members from being ripped off I made a post here and his WTB thread. I won't be following him around but I did want to make a bit of noise that he is a shady buyer.
Wow! That sucks big time.
If you've got proof he's a rip off merchant can't you get him banned to protect other members?

Wow! That sucks big time.
If you've got proof he's a rip off merchant can't you get him banned to protect other members?

It does. That's why I've mentioned it in a couple places he posts.

He PMed me asking about the Besta range just looking for advise. How exactly has he conned you? What did he do?

See the above post. Long story short he took advantage that the USPS doesn't do a good job of tracking an item outside the us. After talking with the postal service they're 99.9% sure the item arrived and that he's playing games. The item has not been found in any of their shipping locations.

Someone who rips someone else off is a thief, not simply shady. But there's two sides to every story, and the feedback feature of the forum is the best place to document all that since this thread isn't even remotely related to sales.

I hope you get your funds back.

See the above post. Long story short he took advantage that the USPS doesn't do a good job of tracking an item outside the us. After talking with the postal service they're 99.9% sure the item arrived and that he's playing games. The item has not been found in any of their shipping locations.

Was the parcel insured? to be 99.9% sure still is not 100% sure, unless they provide a signed proof of delivery they can not prove jack ****. I would press them for compensation. Even if they can not track the item outside the US they are still obligated to contact the delivery carrier where it was sent to ask for a full investigation. (I do courier investigations for a living)

Unless you did not insure the parcel or they provided a proof of delivery I would still pressure them. The onus is on them to prove the parcel was delivered to the correct address. I will not lie, exporting/importing when something goes wrong can be a long process to sort out/investigate and get compensation for.

Last edited:
99.9% sure the item arrived? wow what bollocks mate. I have called New Zealand post and USPS a few times, nz post has stated to me the item never even arrived in New Zealand. When actually did you ask them to look for the item?

"I don't expect they'll find it." was the answer you gave me when i asked you to please ask USPS to start a search for it, which was less than 1 week ago. I doubt USPS got the answer already since a search on their depots would take awhile. That is if you asked at all.

Ridiculous accusations that, if the item have arrived then it would say so in the tracking like ALL of my purchases from overseas.

Tracking: CJ416516141US
says the same thing in the nzpost tracking.

Item lost, simple. I got my money back, simple. I never forced you to sell it to me, i never forced you to do anything. You did it out of your own free will. Stop being a muppet. If you want to accuse me of taking both money and package then ask me first through PM, this is the first time ive heard this accusation from him, on our pm's the item is LOST. Now he is claiming that i got it and claimed through paypal. Bollocks

167278.gif

Sounds to me this is a matter for the sending courier, if delivery can not be proved then the parcel insurance needs to be claimed.

judging by the parcel number it was not sent on a priority service, in my experience (about 8-9 years worth investigating lost parcels) it is not unusual for items to take 2-3 months in some cases to that part of the world to turn up, I am unsure why, delays, custom delays sometimes they turn up at the delivery address, other times it gets turned back and returned to sender all of which can take months, item getting lost.

Oh and in addition don't not be surprised if both sending and delivery courier blame each other, tell them to drop the bull**** and sort it out. Sending courier should compensate the sender if the delivery is lost, and if NZ post lost it they will compensate the sending courier.

Last edited:
Sounds to me this is a matter for the sending courier, if delivery can not be proved then the parcel insurance needs to be claimed.

judging by the parcel number it was not sent on a priority service, in my experience (about 8-9 years worth investigating lost parcels) it is not unusual for items to take 2-3 months in some cases to that part of the world to turn up, I am unsure why, delays, custom delays sometimes they turn up at the delivery address, other times it gets turned back and returned to sender all of which can take months, item getting lost.

Oh and in addition don't not be surprised if both sending and delivery courier blame each other, tell them to drop the bull**** and sort it out. Sending courier should compensate the sender if the delivery is lost, and if NZ post lost it they will compensate the sending courier.
I would not put it past the couriers to lie about it, it is definitely possible. But to be honest, New Zealand is one of the most honest place i know.

I was hoping the item ends up in one of their lost depots, ive linked the seller websites on how to retrieve lost packages because sometimes the sticker can come off of the package, but it should be returned to him.

I asked the seller to lower the value of the item, but i did not know that means its not possible to claim for insurance. I claimed through paypal on the 40th day from the 45 days paypal protects the buyer, with the knowledge that the seller will prove his innocence and im getting my partial refund through paypal instead of taking his word for it that he will give me the partial refund months later.

Ahh lowering the value of an item when posting. Was this to dodge custom charges I am assuming? Great in practice but if the item goes lost good luck getting the true value in compensation. It is always possible that could be a cause for delay, perhaps customs is snooping, they can hold items for however long they see fit and nor the sending or delivery carrier can do anything about it. I have never heard this happen but it's possible.

This is all speculation on my part.

if the custom is holding it, they would tell me. Yeah, i didnt know the implications of lowering the value. I thought it was common practice since many purchases that ive made do it even without me asking for it.

It may be common practice but falsely providing an incorrect value for an item is only going to bite you in the *** if something goes wrong... well the seller anyway. Tbh this is why I avoid international selling, more of a headache than it's worth, I have heard situations like this hundreds of times, dealt with lots of cases like this too.

Who knows, fingers cross it may turn up, that's happened often too, usually many weeks/months later, just gets lost in the system. Might be worth getting the US and NZ post to check their lost parcel holding areas where parcels without labels go. Give them a description of the packaging and contents as they usually open them to document the contents or try to find a delivery or return address.

Last post from me here. Sorry to totally mess this thread up but I learned the hard way doing something nice will screw ya here on this board. I probably won't sell international anymore and sure wont lower the value again. Ah well lesson learned.

Its not that much but really happy with my first Besta. Looking forward for the next ones for other Statues

Back