Best writer in comics today?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who's the best writer in comics today?

• Total voters

wookilar8

Super Freak
Reaction score
Alright let's see who you think is the best scribe in the comic world. I'm including the guys (sorry Gail) who I think are on top of their game but feel free to choose "other". For me it's Ed Brubaker because he's actually making Captain America a must read and he actually took over Daredevil from Bendis and made it better.

Brubaker is the most respected right now ( and he should be) but my favorite story teller is greg Pak.

I voted Geoff Johns...his work on Green Lantern (Sinestro Corps War & the upcoming Blackest Night storyline) is outstanding.

Ditto on Johns.

I like his work on GL but JSA is his book I like even more. I still can't believe after all this time he's still on that book. That's amazing. You just don't get that kind of loyalty these days from comic creators. They just jump from book to book to make the biggest buck.

I picked Brubaker for what he has done with Captain America and parts of Uncanny X-Men (His Giant Sized retcon sucked and just allowed him to introduce Vulcan for $$$). I also like Bendis for Civil War, but with Secret Invasion taking, I couldn't put a vote towards him.

Could easily go for Ennis only for his Punisher but read Brubakers Capt. America run, amazing stuff, but didn't get to his Daredevil run yet.
Read Bendis DD run though and was even more blown away by that.
Based on that;Bendis got my vote.

Johns gets my vote hands down. He has made Green Lantern into the best comic on the market. His only flaw is being so freakin good that DC wants him on everything and he is going to be spread too thin!

The best part about Johns is his view of the bigger picture. He writes to tell the over all story, not to sell the comic of the month. In the end though, the story is amazing and every issue had meaning.

Grant Morrison has done some amazing things with Batman too, esp when you see the whole picture during the RIP series - aaaand before! :google :horror :google

Back