Best wolverine statue evar!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My former pick is about to be usurped.

IMG_6796.jpg

So good. I'm on the fence right now on getting the LSF and this just made it harder.

So good. I'm on the fence right now on getting the LSF and this just made it harder.

I think they are very different the lsf is just epic and will be a collection centerpiece

The koto is a lot smaller and has an amazing sculpt the price is a lot lower

I say get both but I buy too much wolverine stuff lol

Comparing statues in different scales is pointless. Still, every sculpt I can think of as being 1:2 I'd still say the LSF is the best out there.

Comparing statues in different scales is pointless. Still, every sculpt I can think of as being 1:2 I'd still say the LSF is the best out there.

Yes, it's like comparing apple and oranges. Until another 1:2 LSF is made, SS is the best one out there now.

Yes, it's like comparing apple and oranges. Until another 1:2 LSF is made, SS is the best one out there now.

On the 1/2 scale, of course. But the question asked in here, is which one is the best of all. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Art is subjective to the observer. Big does not automatically qualifies something as better or greater than any other. You can create the biggest and badest ship on the face of the earth and still sink it in the depths of the sea. The LSF is great but not awe-inspiring and a must-have (at least for me and many other collectors). It lacks the energy and the power that screams Wolverine. Many other smaller pieces have hitted the mark on this and many will. The LSF is a good attempt but not a grail.

On the 1/2 scale, of course. But the question asked in here, is which one is the best of all. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Art is subjective to the observer. Big does not automatically qualifies something as better or greater than any other. You can create the biggest and badest ship on the face of the earth and still sink it in the depths of the sea. The LSF is great but not awe-inspiring and a must-have (at least for me and many other collectors). It lacks the energy and the power that screams Wolverine. Many other smaller pieces have hitted the mark on this and many will. The LSF is a good attempt but not a grail.

Interesting points jpsarri but as you describe art as being subjective, I'd also like to say that the word 'Grail' is very subjective also. What makes a piece a grail? Its value price? its exclusivity? its presence? Yes, all these points can be factored in to what makes a piece a grail but I personally think that a collectible should be a grail because it means something to you. I have been guilty of classing certain Sideshow old school pieces such as the Doom PF, Hulk vs Spiderman Dio, etc...as grails but have now realised that when we label pieces as being grails, it should be because the statue means something to you and you alone and not because everyone says so.

What's the best Wolverine statue/collectible? I've only ever owned the PF and the LSF so my knowledge of other Wolvie collectibles and custom pieces isn't too good, however, the LSF wins hands down for me...I disagree that it lacks energy and power, the dynamic pose is one of the things I love about this piece :lecture and those who have ordered the custom alternate head will have the ability to take the LSF to another level...I personally dig the LSF :rock

Last edited:
For me the lsf is my grail as it took over a year to get the funds for. I also do feel it's the best wolverine officially produced :) I've got most of the wolvie stuff they've made as well. I think you have to see it in person to see how awesome it is.

Although there is only 1 or 2 wolverine statues that I don't like :)

I agree on grails being personal as x-force dio was one for a while

For me the lsf is my grail as it took over a year to get the funds for. I also do feel it's the best wolverine officially produced :) I've got most of the wolvie stuff they've made as well. I think you have to see it in person to see how awesome it is.

Although there is only 1 or 2 wolverine statues that I don't like :)

I agree on grails being personal as x-force dio was one for a while

I actually like the X-Force Dio Wolvie. The sculpt and detail are amazing for such a small piece (with the masked portrait). I don't think that the Koto's or the Bowen's were able to top it. Martin Canale and the Gore Group did a fantastic job with him and Warpath.

:lecture and those who have ordered the custom alternate head will have the ability to take the LSF to another level...I personally dig the LSF :rock

I like the custom portrait because it adds some extra dimension to the piece. Too bad that the opportunity was not offered to me for the PF (I would've keep it around). The classic cold cast bronze Wolverine's sculpt is a favorite of mine. Sadly, Sideshow has never produced a full painted version of the statue. :(

The alternative lsf head looks awesome looking forward to it

The bronze classic is a great statue was looking at getting it painted but it's a huge job.

I also think that the logan pf is very underrated :)

And that is where the problem lays; you have to own them all to make a proper evaluation.

There's enough pics and videos of all the Wolverine statues that you don't need to own them all to pick the best. The lsf is the undisputed champ.

There's enough pics and videos of all the Wolverine statues that you don't need to own them all to pick the best. The lsf is the undisputed champ.

You are welcome to believe whatever you please, but you are not being objective with your remarks. I have also watched the videos and the pics, have owned plenty Wolverines over the years, and have seen many statues in person to know the true champions from the wannabes. I am not the only one that feels this way, there are plenty collectors that share the same sentiment. Pictures and videos will never do true justice to any piece and that is also the case for the LSF. Now, if the LSF had a Brown version and a different (less mild) portrait, then I would reconsider. But for the time being, it means nothing to me.

Maybe should have a poll on which Wolverine is the best, have vote count... For me, base on sculpt and overall is the LSF, paying no mind to the size. Time will tell, it's a matter of time before another Wolv is created.

You are welcome to believe whatever you please, but you are not being objective with your remarks. I have also watched the videos and the pics, have owned plenty Wolverines over the years, and have seen many statues in person to know the true champions from the wannabes. I am not the only one that feels this way, there are plenty collectors that share the same sentiment. Pictures and videos will never do true justice to any piece and that is also the case for the LSF. Now, if the LSF had a Brown version and a different (less mild) portrait, then I would reconsider. But for the time being, it means nothing to me.

The Bowen and Koto collectors are not gonna say the lsf is the best. They are the ones that are not objective.

Back