Best way to score HT MM HICKS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll probably star Timothy Olyphant last time I heard. So I say, bring it on. Sounds amazing.

Although I'm a fan of the original "Escape from New York", I certainly wouldn't mind a remake. The series went down hill during with the LA sequel, and it just faded out of existence. A reboot would be more than welcomed, so as long as it stays true to Plissken's character. In any case, whoever eventually gets the role of "Snake Plissken" will have some big shoes to fill, from Kurt Russell.

Well yeah. I had the "pleasure" of watching EFLA recently. Oh yeah....reboot that ____ing thing....jesus...

I used to watch EFNY when I was younger, great movie. Great theme too.

Well yeah. I had the "pleasure" of watching EFLA recently. Oh yeah....reboot that ____ing thing....jesus...

I used to watch EFNY when I was younger, great movie. Great theme too.

:lecture

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/zTxBc_-XxmI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/zTxBc_-XxmI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I got mine 2 years ago.
Stoner head repained by DarkArtist81 and some work done
on his armor and clothes.
DSC03273.jpg

DSC02631.jpg

DSC02843.jpg

The quality is incredible (except original head) for 2005 fig.
He's the one of best of all time HT figure :exactly:

I saw Hicks (several times) on ebay for 450$ :lecture this year.
Check often ebay and Good Luck :peace

Last edited:
bought 4 MIB for retail price and sold them for $800-$1200 each.

I wouldnt spend $350 on it. it's not even an accurate figure.

Alright guys, so to narrow it down. For the best HT Hicks experience:

• I would need to buy HT Hicks for about $400 (If I'm lucky).
  • Then I would need a cooler $50 True Type body for him.
  • Finally I would need a better sculpted custom head for more $$$.
And the final result would be better than the original model, but still look like kiddy play compared to the newer more amazing HT figures like the T-1000 and such.

In the end, That's a lot of money for a figure that ends up looking like a cool GI:Joe with space marine armor. This is a shame, because I really love Aliens and the Hicks character. Does anyone think that Hot Toys will give Hicks another release with a more masterful design?

Alright guys, so to narrow it down. For the best HT Hicks experience:
..............And the final result would be better than the original model, but still look like kiddy play compared to the newer more amazing HT figures like the T-1000 and such.

In the end, That's a lot of money for a figure that ends up looking like a cool GI:Joe with space marine armor.

I wouldn't say that, I mean Dront's one there looks pretty cool, I wouldn't hesitate to display that with the rest of my HT collection. Only the elbow joints make it look toy-like - but a parted out Wolverine or Royce body might be a good substitute.

All very expensive to make one older figure look more up to date but it looks to me like it can be done.

While it is true that you aren't gonna get something on par with a contemporary Hot Toys release, Aliens was one of the best movies of the 1980s, and Hicks was the major "hero" apart from Ripley. Plus, the accessories are top notch. I think it is worth it if you are a huge fan of the film/character, particularly since I don't see any re-releases in the pipeline.

I'll put it another way--is the quality 2-3 times that of a Hot Toys John Connor? No. But is the figure 2-3 times better than a Hot Toys John Connor? Yes.

I love my Hicks figure personally. He's one of my favorite figures in my collection and I got him for $85 when he was first released. With the figuremasterles spike hair head sculpt, he looks really awesome in my opinion. He's also my favorite character from Aliens as well.

on whether he's worth having, an absolute yes. sure, the headsculpt might look dated... but with the helmet on, it's not hard to ignore cos the rest of the armor and accessories make up for it.

on the best way to score one, sorry buddy... you gotta fork out the cash.

The figure looks like POOP...spend your $$ elseware...:wave

But for $85 I'd get one...:lol
that's about what i paid and i still thought that was highway robbery back then.:lol
this figure could use an update, but it'll never happen unless another company makes it.

It'll probably star Timothy Olyphant last time I heard. So I say, bring it on. Sounds amazing.

Interesting someone should mention him I think Timothy Olyphant kinda looks like Michael Biehn. He would have been my choice to play Kyle Reese if they ever made a Terminator film set prior to and leading up to the 2029 events described in The Terminator.

He caught my eye after I saw him in The Girl Next Door. He played an awesome, yet pretty terryifying character.

I got him when he first came out along with Ripley and Hudson. They are three of my favorite figures and I for one actually think they look great. They represent a time in 1/6 when quality and price were very well balanced in my opinion. I also love the older HT military figs like the FAST figure. The head sculpts are dated... yes and the bodies are not $100 masterpieces, but they are action figures not statues.

Back