Best way to make blood on a statue more realistic and glossy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KryptoSlush

Super Freak
Reaction score
I recently purchased the Chronicle Terminator 1:2 scale Battle Damaged 1984 bust and I love it dearly, but I'm thinking of touching up the blood and human tissue around the hole to make it feel a bit more realistic. So I'm wondering what kind of paint or solution or combination would be best for this kind of thing. I've searched a bit and found that using some blood colored paint and UHU, but I'm not sure if that would be too thick for simply trying to make it look more glossy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

etrzf7.jpg

Add the paint to an acrylic gloss such as Vallejo, thin it just a little with water, then leave to dry.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Add the paint to an acrylic gloss such as Vallejo, thin it just a little with water, then leave to dry.

Thanks a bunch. This is the first time I've ever tried to paint a statue. I love this bust so much and I think the blood being more realistic would really make it pop that much more. Or I'll completely screw it up. Minitaire ghost tint fresh blood paint is the best to use, I assume?

Never used tint fresh blood mate, so I can't comment.
But which ever brand you decide on, make sure to add water, or flow improver, that way you can apply the blood, and if your not entirely happy remove it with a damp sponge.

I can't say if it's the "best" way, but I use thin layers of Tamiya X-22, it works for me to get that fresh, wet blood look:

30393045894_7e9d30ec11.jpg

Back