Best Villain DEATH in LOTR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go for Sauron.... the background music that goes with it ... is terrific!

Without a doubt, Denethor.

Set yourself and your son on fire, then run screaming out of the city, hurling your flaming carcass headlong off of the precipice as the battle rages below.

Made me gasp and gape.

Sometimes I wonder if there was enough of him left to hit the ground. Or if he fell on someone while they were fighting.

Customikey said:

Set yourself and your son on fire, then run screaming out of the city, hurling your flaming carcass headlong off of the precipice as the battle rages below.

Made me gasp and gape.

Sometimes I wonder if there was enough of him left to hit the ground. Or if he fell on someone while they were fighting.

:lol Never thought of Denethor since he wasn't a fighting badie. He did have a great death and I too wondered the same thing. :rotfl

So many good ones .... each having their unique charm. Eowyn's "I am no man!" and the destruction of Barad-Dur with that eye were both emotionally satisfying and made me misty with joy. But the COOLEST death was Lurtz's. The one-on-one battle leading up to that head-lopping was one of the finest choreographed scenes I had ever seen...found myself holding my breath throughout and cheering out loud the first time I saw in the theater. It still takes my breath away. TOTALLY satisfying.

For me it has to be Lurtz:rock
If he can lick his own blood and pull himself onto his foe's sword in defiance, i for one wouldn't like to meet him down a dark alley!.

Does anyone have any ideas for the villian with the worst death or which was a bit of a let down?.
My own personal choice is Gothmog. I really wanted him to get what he deserved but it was such a let down to see Aragorn and Gimli finish him in the blink of an eye!.
I really wanted that guy to suffer!:D

MayorOfMichelDelving said:
For me it has to be Lurtz:rock
If he can lick his own blood and pull himself onto his foe's sword in defiance, i for one wouldn't like to meet him down a dark alley!.

Does anyone have any ideas for the villian with the worst death or which was a bit of a let down?.
My own personal choice is Gothmog. I really wanted him to get what he deserved but it was such a let down to see Aragorn and Gimli finish him in the blink of an eye!.
I really wanted that guy to suffer!:D

How about Saraman in the theatrical release :rolleyes:

CMON GUYS!!! Lets hear it for GOTHMOG.

I laugh my ass off everytime I see him die in the extended version. He's just about to reach Eowyn when Aragorn chops his leg off and then Gimli does him in with the axe. CLASSIC! :rotfl

Other than that I would agree with most and say Lurtz.

Customikey said:

Made me gasp and gape.

I wonder how he made it to the edge in the first place. The man had to run like half a mile, ON FIRE, just so he could leap to his death.

Okay, this has been a headscratcher, Wor-Gar, why haven't you seen the extended DVD's yet? Maybe we need to get you a set for Christmas!:lol

Is it me, or has no one thought of the Balrog duel at all??? If there was one looooong one-on-one battle, this would take the cake! I mean, the fight with the Balrog also exhausted Gandalf. When you look at it, the scene at the bridge was just the start of it. Then we got into the chasm (can you say "Rodeo Gandalf"?). Then into the water, and up into the snowy peak -- lightning and fire! I'd say if there was a damn good villain scene, this is it!

Seaward said:
Okay, this has been a headscratcher, Wor-Gar, why haven't you seen the extended DVD's yet? Maybe we need to get you a set for Christmas!:lol

My DVD player has been on the fritz all spring and summer so I haven't picked up my LOTR discs or anything else for months. But sure, put me on your X-mas list if you want. :D

I must, need, and want those extended LOTR discs! Maybe I'll just buy a new player and be done with it. Ah, but then there's Blu-Ray or that other one. And then I really should get a 40"+ LCD. But then I need more wall space...which means I should move... Ugh, decisions....

Denethor had the most painful death, running around while on fire, lol. Sorry, but the way it was done, just commical.

CookieMonster said:
CMON GUYS!!! Lets hear it for GOTHMOG.

I laugh my ass off everytime I see him die in the extended version. He's just about to reach Eowyn when Aragorn chops his leg off and then Gimli does him in with the axe. CLASSIC! :rotfl

Other than that I would agree with most and say Lurtz.

Gothmog is my favorite villain in the LOTR movies. Too bad they didn't kill him off in a better way. But, as the clown prince of crime once said, if you gotta go, go with a smile.

Back