Best place to display your Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ppk487

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm trying to pick the best spot in my house to display my figures in my Ikea Detolf curio cabinet. I've heard never keep them where they'd be in direct sunlight but what are some other no-no's to prevent them from wearing? I have baseboard heating pretty much throughout my whole house and I'm not too thrilled to put the cabinet up against them especially since they emit heat. I did make an office in my house in one of my rooms and I probably would prefer to display them there for now but the best spot to keep the cabinet is diagonally across from a window. What would you guys suggest?

I should mention I do NOT have a basement. If I did that would be the ideal spot.

Keep them away from HVAC vents if you can. It is also important to control humidity and display them away from any light that emits UV, not just sunlight. Many collectors keep them away from sunlight then put the wrong kind of lighting in to illuminate the figures.

Thanks for the tip. I set up my detolf ikea cabinet in my office, it's a small room and it's across the room from a window but I do I have blinds on the window and it's away from my baseboards. I plan to keep the blinds closed in that room anyway so I figure I should be safe.

Some indirect light is not going to be as bad, but if you get a lot of direct light through the window you may want to get some UV blocking film for the detolf.

Back