Best Optimus Prime action figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
honestly, there's no real comparison between the 2... as they are completely different animals...

the 4ever studios is more of a detailed action figure, the 3A is more of a posable statue.
4ever stands at around 9+ inches tall
3A is around 20" tall
both are detailed nicely but the 4ever has a the finish of a well painted action figure where the 3A resembles a realistic model with metal finish.

maxresdefault.jpg

Vs.png

Thanks!! That makes my choice easier :)

If you're looking for a G1 cartoon style version that displays well with other 6 inch figures like MOTUC but is non transforming my personal favourite is the Fewture Ex Gokin.
View attachment 335986
View attachment 335997
View attachment 335988

When it comes to being cartoon accurate, the ex gokin is perfection...except for the weird propositions on the head. It has good weight too.

The best Prime would be MPP-10. It is also the best bang for the buck.

As for my underrated pick, the Hot Toys Optimus Prime is a very impressive display piece. I know it does't get much love because of some of the stylized elements but the paint and poseability really allow it to stand out. I get more comments on it than any of my other Primes. And I pretty much have them all.

HOT10528.jpg

To be fair, Takara did most of the work for MPP-10. Wei Jiang just took the already great design and enhanced it with better proportions and paint. Having said that, I am looking forward to an inevitable 3rd version of Masterpiece Prime that better matches the anime aesthetic of the newer masterpiece releases. I think the newer releases also have better proportions which could lead to a better figure.

To be fair, Takara did most of the work for MPP-10. Wei Jiang just took the already great design and enhanced it with better proportions and paint. Having said that, I am looking forward to an inevitable 3rd version of Masterpiece Prime that better matches the anime aesthetic of the newer masterpiece releases. I think the newer releases also have better proportions which could lead to a better figure.

Perfectly said.

It's one thing to support unlicensed 3P companies making TF's (at least they design their stuff) but another is blatantly copying someone else's work and "add things" here and there.

Would never buy those KO's. No matter how much rubber or bloated diecast they have, they are still KO's.

Therefore, worthless in every sense of the word.

I think it's against the rules to post outside sales links, but I can be mistaken. Just a heads up for future reference.

You may be right. I honestly don't remember. I will definitely check it out if I ever want to post another sales link. You would think that after being a member of this forum for almost 12 years, I would have the rules down.

As for Rubadubspawn, he is the first person I check for any 3rd party TF since he is reliable and has great prices.

Back