Best Luke Likeness.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All kidding aside, you did some nice work there. The eyes especially have a good bit of life in them. I do think the Sideshow Luke is a better likeness, but if you want a determined, ready to confront the Emperor Luke, I can't think of any better ones out there.

I really like it, may i make a sugestion though Venny?
The skin is allmost perfect, but based on those particular shots, luke's skin is a bit more ruddy. I'd personaly Basecoat the fase with a darker flesh clolr ( using gamesworkshop citadel paints here, so bear wit the names) Of a 70/30 mix of Dwarf fleash( 70) and Elf Flesh(30). Aftor coating the face in that, i'd add more elf flesh to the mix, till it's about 50/50, then water the paint down to about a milk-like consistantcym, and then start layering it on, letting the layer dry, and then add another. doing this created highlights in the skin, and gives the face depth. after 3 or 3 layers, hit it with a layer of flesh wash, and then let the wash dry, and then put 3-5 more layers of the paint ontop of the wash. this will bring some detail into the crevaces of the face, and wrinkles in the skin. finialy, mix in some bleached bone with the mix, just a little, to lighten it, and then put a few layers onto the areas you want highlights ( nose, cheeks, forehead, wherever0 remember to keep the paint Milk-like in consistancey here too.

hopethat helps, and makes sense.

Really awesome work Venny!

Medi luke is one of the most under-rated figures out there IMO. The only thing I don't like about him is the Medi belt. I have the SSC belt on my Medi Luke, and it looks great!

I really like it, may i make a sugestion though Venny?
The skin is allmost perfect, but based on those particular shots, luke's skin is a bit more ruddy. I'd personaly Basecoat the fase with a darker flesh clolr ( using gamesworkshop citadel paints here, so bear wit the names) Of a 70/30 mix of Dwarf fleash( 70) and Elf Flesh(30). Aftor coating the face in that, i'd add more elf flesh to the mix, till it's about 50/50, then water the paint down to about a milk-like consistantcym, and then start layering it on, letting the layer dry, and then add another. doing this created highlights in the skin, and gives the face depth. after 3 or 3 layers, hit it with a layer of flesh wash, and then let the wash dry, and then put 3-5 more layers of the paint ontop of the wash. this will bring some detail into the crevaces of the face, and wrinkles in the skin. finialy, mix in some bleached bone with the mix, just a little, to lighten it, and then put a few layers onto the areas you want highlights ( nose, cheeks, forehead, wherever0 remember to keep the paint Milk-like in consistancey here too.

hopethat helps, and makes sense.

thanks lerath, I gotta try that! I got to get some more heads to practice on first though.

its still amazes me to this day how much mark hamill's looks change (car wreck aside) within one film & then film to film.................he's got just about as many faces as jim carrey does. no wonder its hard to nail his likeness.

oh & nice job on the paint as well.

It's kind of tough to use all of those for references since they all take place in different films years apart.

He looks different in each SW movie. The jumps in his appearance if looked at in detail between each is crazy. In ANH he looks like a teen hearthrob, after ESB his face changed due to the wreak his nose was wider and twisted to the side, his jaw was wider...he really messed his face up. And by ROTJ he looks really aged.

Re: Best Luke Likeness?

what do you guys think?

Picture047.jpg

I don't get it. Why in the world would you want to do anything to damage the aesthetic appearance of the Medicom Luke? I thought that was the coolest thing in your book...

I don't get it. Why in the world would you want to do anything to damage the aesthetic appearance of the Medicom Luke? I thought that was the coolest thing in your book...

why do you think I'm using this sculpt instead of the SST one? why do I always end up going back to the medicom sculpt? I just really really can't use the SST luke, the head is too big.

-capt, I'm working on it.

I really really like the SST sculpt, but only if it was 30% smaller and the eyelids weren't so big, it would be perfect.

Actually, with shrinking it down, I think you gain a bit of detail... odd as that sounds. There's a thread in the RS customizing forum where someone down sized Tusken Raider and Tarkin heads and they looked great. THe dude stated hat he used, but I can't remember.

why do you think I'm using this sculpt instead of the SST one? why do I always end up going back to the medicom sculpt? I just really really can't use the SST luke, the head is too big.

-capt, I'm working on it.

Have you considered doing a mod on the GG Jedi Luke bust? I think it might be the same scale as the Medi figure (guessing)

Back