Best Glue for Polystone - Does Gorilla Glue Work?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaber

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I recently obtained one of my grails, the Cave Troll, but it unfortunately arrived damaged with the hammer holding arm broken off. It's a pretty clean break and so I decided to keep and glue. Just wondering what the best glue is to use? Does Gorilla Glue work? any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I've never tried to glue polystone, so really don't know that the best solution would be. But doesn't Gorilla Glue expand significantly as it dries? If so, it might not be the best choice for a statue as it'll probably end up leaving gaps between pieces.

I wouldn't suggest original gorilla glue becuase it foams as part of its curing process. Without seeing the break, I'm going to just guess. I would think five minute epoxy would be best.

I would also drill a small hole in both pieces and insert a pin before glueing. That will reinforce the break.

I wouldn't suggest original gorilla glue becuase it foams as part of its curing process. Without seeing the break, I'm going to just guess. I would think five minute epoxy would be best.

I would also drill a small hole in both pieces and insert a pin before glueing. That will reinforce the break.

Thanks guys. What about the Gorilla Super Glue? Does that also foam as part of teh curing process? Or is epoxy really the only thing I should use?

I would suggest JB weld's plastic bonder epoxy it worked for me.

Back