Best Courier in the UK?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hennypenny

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendation for the best courier to post their action figures? I've always used Royal Mail, but found them to be really expensive. The quote for posting my DX12 with signed for and compensation up to £500 would be £25.80
I've just got a quote from myHermes with signed for and compensation up to £250 for only £8.80, plus they will collect from my home!
What a big difference between the newly privatised Royal Mail and myHermes!

Now this is an interesting topic. I often use parcelforce via the post office for convenience as I don't have to wait in and the nearest one is a few doors up from my house. I have used parcel to go and found them to be reliable but not markedly cheaper if you use there tracked services without insurance. I have also (and it may just be bad luck) got a much higher number of damaged statues with the couriers they use (often ups) with them unlike royal mail which negates cost savings.

BUT in regards to insurance/compensation I have tried to claim on a statue that was returned from europe after I used parcel 2 go and got no where! Essentially insurances sold by all couriers I have used (in the Uk anyway) on these high value collectibles IS MOSTLY NOT honoured. Most have very extensive exclusion criteria that grossly include anything potentially breakable eg https://www.parcel2go.com/shipping-items.aspx#unins

I think figures are safer than statues in the post from damage, and more likely to get through the red tape of a claim, but in my view the value of tracked postage is only the proof of delivery to ebay/paypal. I try to invest my money in good quality packaging and the shortest delivery time possible to minimise damage rather than rely on insurance that often doesn't cover these objects.

Hope that helps or informs...feel free to read the small print on the exclusion criteria :)...it makes you swear and generally add the word thieving to that chosen swear word lol

Last edited:
parcelmonkey.co.uk is a good service and scrapes together the best deals for you from various couriers (as well as their own).

I avoid ParcelForce like the plague. One of the worst experiences (and there have been others) is when I used 48hr express and the item arrived a week later. The tracking info had a daily cycle of "incorrect hub".

To be honest I have never seen a courier company that has very high positive feedback if you google for it on the net. Depressing but true. It comes down to what your own personal experience has been. For me UPS has damaged statues but parcelforce has done a good job..but my best guess is nationally they all as bad as each other. As I said I often charge for 48hr delivery but pay for 24 so the item is only in there hands for a short period of time. Beginning to think that's safer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back