Best Alien figure in the Hot toys range ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gargoyle67

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've got big chap but his articulation sucks, I'm guessing I should have gone for the Alien Warrior version for best poses ?

I was actually messing around with Big Chap today repossing him. To get him how like, I needed to put a HT Stand under his base so much more cooler that way, I like his tail swinging of the floor but he kept falling over before. I see Moggies PredAlien, he had that in an awesome looking pose. That's my favourite Alien from what I've seen.

Any particular reason ?
139111110.jpg

DSC01013.jpg

DSC01005.jpg

For me Grid.

Predalien would of been awesome if its knee joints didnt look so bad and that it could actually stand on its own two feet.

AVP Alien Warrior, hands down. While I haven't had any issues with my Dog Alien and I haven't heard anything bad about the Predalien, I can safely say my AVP Xeno is still in great condition. No problems whatsoever with that thing.

Thanks for the heads up guys, So whats with the Warrior repaint version ?
Is that supposed to sort out the flaky paint issues ?

I personally haven't heard any paint flaking with the repaint version (thought it could definitely happen), but it still has the crappy ankle joint.

Out of all the HT Alien figures, that's the one I want to own the most, yet I'll probably never buy it because of the problems it might have.

I Suppose if you treat it like a statue and just pose him once put him on display he'd be ok, But like you I'd rather not risk the outlay on a known defective product:pfft:

I Suppose if you treat it like a statue and just pose him once put him on display he'd be ok, But like you I'd rather not risk the outlay on a known defective product:pfft:
it will still fall apart even if you only pose it once and leave it alone. the flimsy joints and cheap rubber will disintegrate on the shelf. there's even been complaints of broken parts right out of the box.
Alien3 one da best.

But in any case they are all ___.
i have the A3 and i don't see what's so great about it. it's just as inaccurate and flimsy as the rest. but i will agree with the last statement.

HT needs to just re-do all of them with acceptable quality control and find a sculptor who takes their job seriously.

Back