Best 1/6 Scale Batman..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the Keaton Batman figures. Can't go wrong with the Armory Bale Batman. I'm sure the Affleck Batman figure (regular) will be the best overall though.

DX 09 Batman

+ great headsculpt
+ nice sculpt
+ cool, innovative accessories and weapons (magnet belt and cape rods)
+ good boot design that articulated without sacrificing the look
+ durable, well made suit
+ strong shelf presence

- inaccurate, fat one piece rubber suit design
- crappy articulation
- fragile PERS eyes and ugly head panel
- cape is a mess

View attachment 257861

Batman Returns

+ sharp and clean sculpt/look, best cowl they've done so far
+ classy presentation
+ improved eye articulation and better head system
+ new, durable ratchet joints
+ awesome cape (**** the haters, it's a good cape)
+ one of the best display stands
+ great value

- mouth plate choices are ****ing awful and goofy
- no ankle articulation in the boots, too rigid
- mediocre Wayne headsculpt with little likeness to Keaton
- articulation below the waist is absolutely worthless

View attachment 257862

Armory Batman

+ best Bale Batman figure
+ improved head sculpt with proper black eyes
+ improved Bale faceplate likeness
+ extremely well done suit design with fabric suit and segmented plating overlay
+ the best, most ingenious belt designs on a figure
+ great offering of functional weapons and accessories
+ perfect boot design

- shoulder articulation sucks
- cowl is inaccurate and small
- leg and ab articulation is weak
- cape is average at best

View attachment 257864

DX 12 Batman

+ decent Bale/Wayne portrait
+ extremely well done suit design with fabric suit and segmented plating overlay
+ great offering of functional weapons and accessories
+ perfect boot design

- awful, goofy faceplates
- derpy eyes
- shoulder articulation sucks
- cowl is inaccurate and small
- leg and ab articulation is weak
- cape is average at best

View attachment 257866

Arkham City Batman

+ gorgeous headsculpt with great faceplates accurate to the game
+ good proportions

- awful, soft, rubbery, fat dough boy suit
- cheap gauntlets and boots
- rubber diapers
- awful articulation
- out of scale
- barebones with little accessories and weapons

View attachment 257872

Original Costume TDK Batman

+ decent cowl and likeness for the time
+ quality rubber suit that still holds up
+ cool mangler accessory unique to the figure

- true type knees and elbows deteriorated over time and become broken and loose within the body
- clunky accessories and weapons don't hold up
- hands are a ***** to swap out and are so tight that the wrist pegs usually broke
- you have to break the figure if you want to attach a better cape
- outdated Wayne head that just doesn't hold up

New TDK Batman V1

+ decent cowl and likeness for the time
+ quality rubber suit that still holds up
+ best figure to ride the Batpod
+ a solid, well made figure

- clunky accessories and weapons don't hold up
- hands are a ***** to swap out and are so tight that the wrist pegs usually broke
- basic figure, not a lot of options
- outdated headsculpt

View attachment 257867

Adam West Batman

+ great likeness to Adam West
+ fun, whacky accessories

- Dull colors
- awful, awful costume. Possible the worst. So cheap and fragile that it snags just by looking at it
- the equivalence of a cotton ball suit
- odd choice of fragile cape snaps
- proportions could have been better, taller and lankier

View attachment 257868

Batsuit Begins Toy Fairs exclusive

+ interchangeable faces that improve on the Original Costume Batman

- cheap rubber suit
- paint peels on the legs and ass
- broken, deteriorating ankle sockets
- out dated cowl
- awful Bruce Wayne head
- worst cape on a Batman figure yet

View attachment 257869

DX 02 Batman

+ sonar head
+ cape pack
+ awesome display base inspired by the real costume show displays

- awful, leaky rubber suit with paint peeling
- alien looking head
- derpy eyes moveable eyes that are prone to breaking
- long ass giraffe neck
- crappy articulation that makes it virtually immobile
- awful belts

View attachment 257870

Got some pretty biased opinions on some of these figures. Everything right with the dx12/armory doesn't make up for the fact that the body was run over by a steamroller. It has terrible body proportions. Atleast the dx02 looks like bale on the suit, with a few mods it looks much better. Dx12 you have to cut the suit open and stick and actual body in there.

As for the toy fair head, yeah no. That head is far above and beyond that terrible thing that came with the armory figure, one of the worst head sculpts of bale. All you need is a toy fair head and that knock off shrunken down head from the 1/4 figure. Both of those are far superior.

BVS/SS For "realized comic suit" and general recognizably

Arkham Knight if you don't care about articulation, but want something that looks really, really f'ing cool with your DC collection.

JL Tacticool suit if you just want an oddball suit without paying for Knightmare. I know we don't have this one in hand yet, but I can't imagine he won't be all that different from the released Batflecks on a technical level.

Got some pretty biased opinions on some of these figures. Everything right with the dx12/armory doesn't make up for the fact that the body was run over by a steamroller. It has terrible body proportions. Atleast the dx02 looks like bale on the suit, with a few mods it looks much better. Dx12 you have to cut the suit open and stick and actual body in there.

As for the toy fair head, yeah no. That head is far above and beyond that terrible thing that came with the armory figure, one of the worst head sculpts of bale. All you need is a toy fair head and that knock off shrunken down head from the 1/4 figure. Both of those are far superior.

That was an old post from years ago.

However, the DX02 TDK and Toy Fairs Begins are still awful figures and easily the worst Hot Toys Batman figures produced so far. Just from a quality control standpoint they're really, really bad. The Armory/DX12 might have weird proportions to you, but it's a better made figure. Sure, the Bruce Wayne head included with the Toy Fair Begins looked fantastic as a prototype, but the final product is awful. The 1/4 head is awesome though. Best mass produced headsculpt of Bruce Wayne by far. Too bad nobody has any use for it.

My list is obsolete anyway. The best Hot Toys Batman figure by far is either the BvS regular or Suicide Squad version. All those great weapons and accessories (especially if you were fortunate enough to get that sniper rifle), best poseability, no restrictive one piece rubber suits, no worries about ruining the eyes since they use the plate system, etc.

For the record, I've never owned or handled the Knightmare coat BvS, BD BvS armored or the Arkham Knight Batman, so I have no clue if those are the superior figures. They look good though.

That was an old post from years ago.

However, the DX02 TDK and Toy Fairs Begins are still awful figures and easily the worst Hot Toys Batman figures produced so far. Just from a quality control standpoint they're really, really bad. The Armory/DX12 might have weird proportions to you, but it's a better made figure. Sure, the Bruce Wayne head included with the Toy Fair Begins looked fantastic as a prototype, but the final product is awful. The 1/4 head is awesome though. Best mass produced headsculpt of Bruce Wayne by far. Too bad nobody has any use for it.

My list is obsolete anyway. The best Hot Toys Batman figure by far is either the BvS regular or Suicide Squad version. All those great weapons and accessories (especially if you were fortunate enough to get that sniper rifle), best poseability, no restrictive one piece rubber suits, no worries about ruining the eyes since they use the plate system, etc.

For the record, I've never owned or handled the Knightmare coat BvS, BD BvS armored or the Arkham Knight Batman, so I have no clue if those are the superior figures. They look good though.

IMG_1505_zps5da3ead3.jpg

Yes you're right, this sure does like like a turd...

I think Difabio's descriptions are pretty aligned with my own thoughts, though I'm not a huge fan of the Keaton figures due to the lack of pose-ability, capes, etc. Plus, I never was a huge fan of the films. But putting my own biases aside, I would agree that the Nolan Bat-figures are probably the best. I have the Suicide Squad version. It's the only Snyderverse figure I own currently (though I'm considering Wonder Woman). And it's very well done. Hard to quibble with it.

DX02 and ToyFair Batmen are both figures I owned. The former I got rid of with the arrival of DX-12, which I still keep, but with a tremendous custom mouth piece by RobbiethePainter that takes the figure up a notch. Toyfair Bats has replaced ankles, and a custom headsculpt. The stock head sculpt (with cowl) is not good. Wayne sculpt is OK, but I have no interest in posing a Batman without a cowl, or having a Bruce Wayne in suit on display. So that doesn't matter much to me personally. Both of those have custom capes.

My favorite current Bat-figure in my collection, though, is Adam West Batman. . .but he, too, isn't stock. Tony Meis suit replacement was pricey, but is more screen accurate, and isn't the CQ mess that the stock one is. No pulls on this bad boy. Really one of my favorite figures in my whole collection, because he's simple and iconic, but at the same time very high quality. Posed with Burt Ward Robin and Reeve Superman, it's a nice display.

The best Batman figure for me is the armory version (TDK).

I never liked any of the 1/6 Bale figures but I haven't seen the armoury one in hand. I assume the cowl is more accurate than the DX figures?

By far the best Bale figure in my opinion is the Enterbay Batman but that isn't 1/6 scale of course.

Back