Berserker price gone Berserk?!?!?!?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I recall it, the Berserker went for $200-$300 in spring 2004, then took a nosedive later that year ($80-$110) and has unfortunately stayed in that range since. I know because I bought two around May 2004 for $150 a piece, and wanted to flip one for $250+, alas I missed it. And am sitting on that extra one, dreaming of the day it will inch back up. :monkey5

And with the American dollar taking a dive over the last few years, I'd have to sell it for around $200 to break even.

Beren

Either way, shill bidding or not, the main thing is someone paid way more than they should have, ( I think anyway..) and were willing to pay MORE if it wasn't for the other bidder dropping off. And, I know that happens all the time on eBay...

There are bargains to be had, and other times you have sellers rubbing their hands, going " man, I wish I had another to sell..". I myself, have put stuff up expecting to get a certain amount, and I don't get anywhere near it, and other times I have put stuff up, and got 3 times what I thought I would...go figure..:confused:

But, if they are happy bidding that much, who am I to criticise! Hope whoever won it, enjoys it.

Uruk Hai Scout - Arguably the most detailed sculpt in the line, really. :rock

I'll take that argument. Easterling is better. Armor Detail. Moria Orc Swordsman is best though - simply beautiful and absolutely perfect.

JS

I'll take that argument. Easterling is better. Armor Detail. Moria Orc Swordsman is best though - simply beautiful and absolutely perfect.

JS

I remember wasn't it you that had a pic of an army of four swordsman statues!?

:drool:drool:drool

Yep. I've still got it around somewhere, and was actually looking for it to post.
If I had just one orc to keep, it would be that one far ahead of any of the Uruk Hai statues.

JS

Got to agree.. the Moria Orc Swordsman Statue is the best of the orcs.. Followed by the Uruk Scout..

One day I might pick one up... Yet my Weta collection is 95% busts now..

Got to agree.. the Moria Orc Swordsman Statue is the best of the orcs.. Followed by the Uruk Scout..

One day I might pick one up... Yet my Weta collection is 95% busts now..

YOU'RE 95% busts now. :fart :monkey5 :dunno

JS :love:date

Last edited:

JS

The Easterling is a vastly underrated piece I agree, but I would easily take the Orc Archer over the Swordsman.

I remember wasn't it you that had a pic of an army of four swordsman statues!?

:drool:drool:drool

Found 'em! From 2004/2005:

mos1we0.jpg

mos2hx7.jpg

mos3kj2.jpg

And a couple more pictures from the same era, when I actually had some space between statues as they sat on my shelves:

doublesph8.jpg

doublescloseko1.jpg

I still have one Cave Troll, and one Moria Orc Swordsman, as they to me are the absolute pinnacle of the bad-guy LOTR statues.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane prax! :chew

JS

I listed mine recently for around $100 and it didn't sell. I relisted it at $85 or $90 (can't remember) and somebody picked it up.

Not sure what happened with that auction...

That was me, great BIN after ship. Was a good price, thanks.

But I was watching the same statue that sold for over $350 too and couldn't believe it. Seller made bidding private too. I wanted to solicit the 2nd place bidder.

Holy Crap, JSA!!! I started collecting SSW LOTR since 3/2007. Wish I knew about it when you did. You could buy a small island for what you have displayed on your wall. Nice.

I've seen those picture before but never get tired of them!

2 Cave Trolls
2 Witch Kinf TF
4 Moria Orc Swordsmen

Holy ****

I only wish I had 1 of each:eek:

That Weta line was awesome, thats why I dont collect any of the new LOTR stuff. Great Pics.

:D Great pics of the Weta Grail trail.
Did you sell most of them off by now..................?
I don't think I could part with my Wetas!:lol

I've seen those picture before but never get tired of them!

2 Cave Trolls
2 Witch Kinf TF
4 Moria Orc Swordsmen

Holy ****

I only wish I had 1 of each:eek:

Gets worse - One of each of the Cave Trolls and WK's you see were AP's. :monkey3

amonhen - I've cut back on a lot, but I've still got many LOTR WETA statues,
busts, and helms, including my Cave Troll Statue, MOS, RWoS and many others.

They are just so amazing looking that it is difficult to part with them.

JS

Back