Berserk Collectibles Show Us Some Berserk/Manga Disscussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It definitely got better after episode 5 and it was actually really good from episode 8 to the end. But those first few episodes were brutal to watch. Judging by the trailer we got for season 2, and the enormous negative feedback they're getting, hopefully it's the last we see of the schizo CGI pans and piss poor animation. And if there was one arc they could've messed up, it was the conviction arc. It's good, but no where near as good as the next arc. If they mess this up, I'll never forgive them.

despite the negative reviews its pretty cool that Miura made new BS stories for it. def plan on starting it soon.

Started rewatching the 1997 anime again. It's sooooo much better than 2016 it's hilarious. I love the slow moments and that peaceful music. You all know what I'm talking about. It's iconic as puck and its so enjoyable to listen to.

Just finished the fort episode and I'm really enjoying it. Excited to get to the part with Griffith's schemes in the castle.. :)

Started rewatching the 1997 anime again. It's sooooo much better than 2016 it's hilarious. I love the slow moments and that peaceful music. You all know what I'm talking about. It's iconic as puck and its so enjoyable to listen to.

Just finished the fort episode and I'm really enjoying it. Excited to get to the part with Griffith's schemes in the castle.. :)

I like the new anime cause I can at least show it to other people for the story but man does it's pacing suck! It speeds through so many important moments waay too fast! And skipping 2 awesome story arcs doesn't help either!

I like the new anime cause I can at least show it to other people for the story but man does it's pacing suck! It speeds through so many important moments waay too fast! And skipping 2 awesome story arcs doesn't help either!

Yeah it's cool for the conviction arc story points, but it should've been a longer season. Events move so quickly that you can't even enjoy them when they happen. There's almost no build up to anything. Idk why they couldn't just use the same director of the original series... or at least someone with a more appropriate resume. I have no idea how the director of 2016 got the job. Berserk should not be synonymous with crappy CGI animation, but recently it has become exactly that.

Yea what's up with people putting Berserk in with crappy cgi? It doesn't make sense. Why? Are the battles that hard to animate? They make great animation for girls who fight with there asses (yes thats a thing) but Berserk gets horrible animation from a ****** studio? Berserk is one of the best manga of all time it deserves respect. Cgi and Berserk do not ****ing mix. I can not stress that enough.

Yea what's up with people putting Berserk in with crappy cgi? It doesn't make sense. Why? Are the battles that hard to animate? They make great animation for girls who fight with there asses (yes thats a thing) but Berserk gets horrible animation from a ****** studio? Berserk is one of the best manga of all time it deserves respect. Cgi and Berserk do not ****ing mix. I can not stress that enough.

PREACH!

You know who should make the Berserk anime? Madhouse! They made One Punch Man and it's has some of the most beautiful animation I've ever seen. Either them or or whoever made the opening animation. That was the ultimate bait and switch. The show looked nowhere near as good. My only issue with that was casca's skin color. Everything else was perfection.

PREACH!

You know who should make the Berserk anime? Madhouse! They made One Punch Man and it's has some of the most beautiful animation I've ever seen. Either them or or whoever made the opening animation. That was the ultimate bait and switch. The show looked nowhere near as good. My only issue with that was casca's skin color. Everything else was perfection.

Exactly! Madhouse absolutely killed Hunter x Hunter and elevated it over the first series and even the manga for me. I have no doubts that they would have nailed their adaptation. And aside from the cgi, I wished that the current series had been more faithful to the manga.

And I would absolutely recommend the first Berserk series over the current one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say for anyone who's read Berserk, do yourself a favor and read Vagabond. Absolutely fantastic manga with utterly beautiful art. It's got a great plot, that's a slow burn. Not about action really, but self development. But there sure is a lot of gore :lol

kSVhDwr.jpg

7zXCFF5.jpg

DaHF7VS.png

3K7bEdW.jpg

jXuzUsY.jpg

The story is loosely based on the Ronin Miyamoto Musashi, the most famous swordsman of Japan. Although if you take the plunge, be forewarned that Inoue may never finish the manga since he's had health issues.

Last edited:
Hm. I'll give it a try. One thing I like about berserk is that while it was a mature anime it was still fantastical. This looks very realistic

Bit the bullet on threezero guts btw. Couldn't wait any longer.

Definitely do it, I wouldn't steer you wrong. Musashi is as much a badass as Guts is, except Musashi was a real person :lol

Thanks for the recommendation Snake! The art really is breathtaking. But I cringe at the thought of starting a manga that may never finish... Percentage wise, how far is the story? Is it like how Berserk is nearing the home stretch?

And nice pics Mrmasterminh! I'll be opening up mine Saturday morning! I have Christmas morning excitement right now lol.

He just feels brittle like you could unintentionally break something. I haven't posed it much aside from the standard sword on shoulder look.

I would also recommend Vagabond, it's in my top five GOAT manga. I have up to volume 11 of the Viz Big editions but I am so behind you wouldn't believe it. :slap

The art is breathtaking, though unfortunately it seems Takehiko Inoue's art has declined in quality just a tad looking at the current chapters. Or it could be the art looks better on paper but it just doesn't have the same depth reading it online. But my gawd, the art in the those earlier volumes will turn your eyeballs inside out.

What's funny is that Inoue planned to finish it towards the end of 2010, but he became sick and took a lengthy break, returning in 2011. The series is supposed to end with a historic climactic duel, though I don't really know where he's going with the story right now. It's likely to finish before Berserk.

If you want to read a manga with the worst irregular chapter releases and hiatuses, Bastard has got ya covered. It's actually pretty good, kind of fantasy heavy metal meets dungeons and dragons. But **** me, we're lucky if we get a volume every 3-4 years. Not to mention the mangaka lost tons of his work and then just redrew some of his older content. :lol

I can safely say Berserk will finish before Bastard, and that's no exaggeration. :rotfl

Lol did Vagabond autocorrect to Bastard, or did you mean to write that? :rotfl

It does sound interesting though! I was looking for a new manga to read, and after reading Berserk, I want something on that level. I've been spoiled by Miura-sama.

Back