Berserk Collectibles Show Us Some Berserk/Manga Disscussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the topic of the God Hand Figmas, I'm gonna pass. I was gonna go all in on them, but I t's too much money for the quality we would be getting. They honestly don't look that good. Especially not for $300 in total (most likely). They look sloppy.

I went back and read the first two volumes, and I understood and enjoyed everything a lot more. Without the context of the Golden Age, those first two volumes were boring, but the second time around they were much better.

I'm confused though. Is that creepy fetus thing Guts' child? Is it important later? I don't know why it keeps showing up randomly.

Yeah golden age first makes so much more sense. That's why I like that first arc so much. There's a great story there with context.

And yes, that is Guts' and Casca's child, but was tainted by Griffith during the eclipse. And it will be important later.

On the topic of the God Hand Figmas, I'm gonna pass. I was gonna go all in on them, but I t's too much money for the quality we would be getting. They honestly don't look that good. Especially not for $300 in total (most likely). They look sloppy.

I think they look good personally. I'm a bit disappointed that Void wasn't put up for order before Slan and Conrad since he, along with Femto, look to be the best of the bunch. They're getting bought either way - I'll probably look on eBay for better prices - and that Slan with that tongue sticking out, well... heh heh.

*pervy face*

Kind of surprised they didn't put Ubik and Conrad together, but it's understandable since it's clear that they want to go down the route of selling them as a 2-pack, and considering just how large Void is, grouping him with Slan would probably be expensive.

I've posted this a while back. You can see them up close and the colours really pop.

The figma berserk is quite good if you give it a chance. Got them opened but well taken care off.
12592766_10206051103944546_979945379654007550_n.jpg
12717165_10206187594756731_393815945166777933_n.jpg

I mean yeah they look good (And seeing Guts in his Berserk armor makes me clamor for the one TZ is making), but not for the price point. That's my major issue. To me, they should cost about $50, maybe $75 if it's a two pack like Slan and Conrad, not the rising price point they're at now. I mean Slan and Conrad are listed at $155 on BBTS. That's almost the price of a high quality 1/6 figure. And they are probably half the size. About 5 or 6 inches tall? I just don't see the value except for the fact we may never get the God Hand in any other figure type..

I mean yeah they look good (And seeing Guts in his Berserk armor makes me clamor for the one TZ is making), but not for the price point. That's my major issue. To me, they should cost about $50, maybe $75 if it's a two pack like Slan and Conrad, not the rising price point they're at now. I mean Slan and Conrad are listed at $155 on BBTS. That's almost the price of a high quality 1/6 figure. And they are probably half the size. About 5 or 6 inches tall? I just don't see the value except for the fact we may never get the God Hand in any other figure type..

You never know. When Threezero grabs ahold of something that sells well, and the licenses are approved quickly, they're a great company. Guts and Skull Knight were both announced in December of last year, Guts was released only 8 months later, and we've already got a pre-order open for Skull Knight. That's an even faster pace than their GOT line, which already has 5 figures. I feel like Berserk is a license that gives out approval quickly, seeing how Prime 1, Gecco, Banpresto, etc. all have the license. Plus Berserk doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon and has a steady fan base/popularity. We'll just have to wait and see. :)

The Godhand look good enough but who wants such evil bastards on their shelf? Especially after what Griffith did to Casca.

You never know. When Threezero grabs ahold of something that sells well, and the licenses are approved quickly, they're a great company. Guts and Skull Knight were both announced in December of last year, Guts was released only 8 months later, and we've already got a pre-order open for Skull Knight. That's an even faster pace than their GOT line, which already has 5 figures. I feel like Berserk is a license that gives out approval quickly, seeing how Prime 1, Gecco, Banpresto, etc. all have the license. Plus Berserk doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon and has a steady fan base/popularity. We'll just have to wait and see. :)

Good point. It would be pretty cool if TZ ventured deeper into the cast of characters. Though I'm not sure how many I could afford to buy haha.

I really hope the license gains momentum and gets a lot of support. Including a better anime series..

Look at the monitor.

r76v87i.jpg

And this subtly got shown in an interview.

MPHstu5.jpg

Hell yessssss! These two images raise the hype unbelievably. Can't wait until they show it off. Hoping Guts has the white patch of hair too. My guess is they show it off in May (around SK release) and then release in fall 2017.

Yo, Dark Horse got mad bombarded on twitter about the reprint issue. And they responded by saying volumes 2, 5, 6, 12, and 14 are now being re-released on Oct. 24th with more to come afterwards.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=darkhorsecomics berserk&src=typd

It's kind of bad when you consider there's a whole bunch of new fans out there who just finished the anime and want to start reading the manga, only to find there's a ton of volumes out of print and not available.

Back