Berserk Collectibles Show Us Some Berserk/Manga Disscussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh shot! How did they mess up so badly?? Sorry to hear that man. Can you get contact the people at your old address?

To complicate it further it was sent to my old work address, they have since moved offices! I filled a missing mail report with the USPS and also contacted ThreeA who said they will send it to my new address if it is returned to sender. :\

I always thought where Berserk started off was perfect as it was. I've read of people skipping the first few volumes and jumping straight to Golden Age, and the fantasy and demonic elements that happen later on come as a big surprise. To me there's less build up and pay off when it comes to anticipating and seeing all the events unfold that were hinted at during those early volumes. I mean from the way Guts was in that arc and his actions, you knew something ****ed up had have to have happened in his past and I don't think many were expecting it to be that bad.

Reading it at the time, I thought what he did to Count - whom I actually sympathised for a bit - was a bit too far even if he was grotesque creature. That feeling completely and utterly shredded by the time the eclipse comes around (that panel has stuck into my mind ever since). I said **** the Count after that. Basically, I experienced many 'Oh, now I understand' moments reading it properly from the beginning and seeing them play out. Golden Age doesn't justify the 'how' but the 'why', and by the end of the Golden Age you fully understand the framework of Guts' character that was touched upon in those early chapters. Having that fed to me in the other way, I just don't think it would have the same emotional impact that I experienced when I started reading this series six years ago.

End of volume 3 is the beginning of Guts' backstory. And it is rough as ****. If you get past volume 5 and still don't find enjoyment, then I'm not sure if this series is for you I'm afraid.

The pay off as not having the biggest plot point of the Golden Age spoiled before you even get there. Not to mention, the Guts in the first few chapters is nothing like how he is when he meets Jill.

I love the Count and his whole backstory. He's probably my favorite Apostle, more than Zodd in some ways.

The pay off as not having the biggest plot point of the Golden Age spoiled before you even get there. Not to mention, the Guts in the first few chapters is nothing like how he is when he meets Jill.

I love the Count and his whole backstory. He's probably my favorite Apostle, more than Zodd in some ways.

This. If I could thumbs up this post, I would. :goodpost:

I'm still waiting to see if the count's daughter pops up again. It would be awesome if she ends up being important.

It honestly makes more sense to start with Golden Age and go in chronological order. I'm so glad I did it that way. My jaw hit the floor when I got to the eclipse.

This. If I could thumbs up this post, I would. :goodpost:

I'm still waiting to see if the count's daughter pops up again. It would be awesome if she ends up being important.

It honestly makes more sense to start with Golden Age and go in chronological order. I'm so glad I did it that way. My jaw hit the floor when I got to the eclipse.

The revelation of the Eclipse, was literally shattering to me. Knowing something like that was going to happen leading up to I think would of removed the amount of impact it had on me.

But, different strokes for different folks.

I'll keep you guys updated on how I feel after reading through to volume 5. I'm going to order those volumes right now so that I'll feel more obligated to actually read them. :lol

The revelation of the Eclipse, was literally shattering to me. Knowing something like that was going to happen leading up to I think would of removed the amount of impact it had on me.

But, different strokes for different folks.

Agreed. I had to take a break for a few hours after that moment. I didn't even believe it happened at first, thinking I misinterpreted it somehow. But nope. THAT just happened.. I'm still in shock about the whole thing. But I applaud the story for making me feel legit shook from something I never saw coming. I thought he would get back to normal somehow and they'd eventually rule together. Not a lot can illicit that kind of reaction from me nowadays. Even Han's death in TFA, was telegraphed a mile away. I wasn't surprised or shocked like everyone else in the theater lol.

Ordered Skull Knight from TZ. Can't do without that Sword, and I was going to get him anyway. Cancelling two other preorders for FFVII PAK figs to rationalize with myself lol.

Cool cool. You should be fine. I did the "cart check" trick and they had 30 this morning. I just want to space out SK and Guts as far as I can. It is nice that they have worldwide shipping already fixed into the price too. And the $4 extra you pay going from BBTS to TZ gets you the Sword of Actuation. Worth it.

Yeah I got an active order, it's just "awaiting payment" and they hold onto that until the sale is over and I assume they just void the order if it's not paid.

Yeah I got an active order, it's just "awaiting payment" and they hold onto that until the sale is over and I assume they just void the order if it's not paid.

Good call man, I just did the same! Thanks for the tip. I was on the fence about getting him, now I can have him "on hold" in a sense.

I accidentally did that yesterday and then did another one today.. So now I have one paid and one awaiting payment. I'm wondering when it will go away haha.

Blasphemy from you both! Berserk must be read from the beginning as intended by our lord and master, Miura. From the beginning, one chapter a month. Doing otherwise = witchcraft and heretics. Your SK orders will be cancelled because of your sins. :lecture

And because of your sins, this poor little boy's dream as been ruined.

:lol

It's not our fault Miura didn't start the story right.

I'm going with Snake here. Story is God tier and I love the first arc, but not being spoiled on the eclipse is one of the best moments in manga. Knowing it's coming deflates the impact.

And only the unpaid order will be cancelled! :rotfl

No I like the way it is set up. It leaves a sense of mystery, makes you question what is this guy going through and what happened to make him like this. Then the story shifts to a war type story to a dark , monster ridden story that completely changes the way we thought this story was going to go. Now your dealing with monsters and demons and once you hit the golden age arc you know why.

Now i started with berserk 97 and I'd recommend anyone getting into this to read the golden age and then black swordsman. But I liked how the story flowed . It gives you so many questions and just pushes you in a world you don't know

I guess it's fine, and I know there's purists out there like on skullknight.net (**** those elitist snobs, seriously) that prefer the original way of reading, and that's fine. I just believe if you want a huge revelation later on, it's better for that type of reader to read it in that manner. Were all special snowflakes, so there's really no wrong answer.

My thing is even seeing Femto, you can tell its Griffith. It's a huge spoiler. I seriously had no idea he was going to do what he did. I stand by my choice to watch 1997 anime first, then read the manga. But yes, nobody is wrong yada yada yada. :lol

Only been on skullknight.net a few times as a lurker. Seems like a good place for deep discussions and such but I frown upon any kind of snobbery and elitism - especially in anime/manga where communities can be pure cancer. Naruto Forums is full of elitist **** heads as well and even YouTube has some elitist anime pricks.

I hate them as much as Snake hates Markiplier. :lol

Back