Berserk Collectibles Show Us Some Berserk/Manga Disscussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I listened to the same video last week, its a very calming song but also sad especially considering the story. I have read about the manga and excerpts but since there are years of volumes I have been reluctant to pick it up, are there compilations?

Well you can either buy them, read them online, or both. There's currently 37 trade paperbacks right now, and the 38th is coming next year. I own 24 right now, and I've been picking them up here and there.

You can read the whole thing here. It's a smaller manga compared to some of the real popular stuff out there now that's pushing 1,000 chapters.

Berserk - Read Berserk | MangaSee

I'm rereading it again for the past few weeks, a few a day and I'm about half done.

Well you can either buy them, read them online, or both. There's currently 37 trade paperbacks right now, and the 38th is coming next year. I own 24 right now, and I've been picking them up here and there.

You can read the whole thing here. It's a smaller manga compared to some of the real popular stuff out there now that's pushing 1,000 chapters.

Berserk - Read Berserk | MangaSee

I'm rereading it again for the past few weeks, a few a day and I'm about half done.

Does the creator have any definitive end in mind, I have FABLES on my backlog ever heard of it?

Hadn't heard of it, sorry.

This is what Miura said about the ending.

“I actually don't think I could let such a long grim story end with a grim ending”.

https://mangabrog.wordpress.com/201...uch-a-long-grim-story-end-with-a-grim-ending/

I agree with that based on what I have seen and heard, I don't expect a fairy tail ending but some justice and closure would be appreciated. People enjoy fiction where characters go thorough so much to see them overcome it not fail utterly like life, otherwise we would watch the news.

Fables is the the Tall Tell Game (Wolf Among Us) is based on, basically old folk and fairy tale characters become trapped in our world. Big Bad Wolf is the main character. Interesting concept.

I've been following Berserk for about 15 years. The last couple of years has been frustrating because Miura has been on sabbatical until earlier this year.

There are new chapters on a semi regular basis again, but his schedule now on a monthly cycle instead of his old bi-weekly schedule. I'm glad there story is now focused on Guts and the gang again for the current arc, which I imagine would be quite long.

They should just just fma his ass and do an anime only ending for this new anime to get him to speed up production. I don't understand how mangaka can go on such long hiatuses without facing any consequence. Even that martin guy gets pressed to release stuff or else the show will go in a different route.

I agree with that based on what I have seen and heard, I don't expect a fairy tail ending but some justice and closure would be appreciated. People enjoy fiction where characters go thorough so much to see them overcome it not fail utterly like life, otherwise we would watch the news.

Fables is the the Tall Tell Game (Wolf Among Us) is based on, basically old folk and fairy tale characters become trapped in our world. Big Bad Wolf is the main character. Interesting concept.

I think a bittersweet ending is the way to go. And Guts should still be alive at the end. All he's gone through, just to end up dying? He's too stubborn and tough to die.

I've been following Berserk for about 15 years. The last couple of years has been frustrating because Miura has been on sabbatical until earlier this year.

There are new chapters on a semi regular basis again, but his schedule now on a monthly cycle instead of his old bi-weekly schedule. I'm glad there story is now focused on Guts and the gang again for the current arc, which I imagine would be quite long.

I don't know how you guys did it. I got into it close to three years ago, and that last hiatus which lasted a little over a year I believe was murder (which from what I've read was the longest one yet)

I kinda got used to it at this point, but to put us on the island finally... just to go back on hiatus? It's just cruel.

They should just just fma his ass and do an anime only ending for this new anime to get him to speed up production. I don't understand how mangaka can go on such long hiatuses without facing any consequence. Even that martin guy gets pressed to release stuff or else the show will go in a different route.

The story is about 75% according to Miura, from an interview a few years ago. I assume, there's around 100 chapters left plus or minus a few. Even if he did them once a month, we'd still never see the ending until the next decade.

Then again, his art is so beautiful and heavy with detail... maybe a slow pace is the better method.

I first got into Berserk when I played the Dreamcast game back in the day (1999). Later in college I watched the Anime series. I read the Manga as they were released in English through DarkHorse, but about 3 volumes ago I decided to stop reading until the series is finished. I still buy each release but I'm just biding my time. I found that so much time would pass between releases I would forget what happens. I look forward to the day I can just sit down and read the entire thing from start to finish.

Got into Berserk in August 2010 when there were 33-34 volumes available from Dark Horse, so I started buying copies every other week. Reading Berserk in chunks, especially during the Golden Age arc, was the best reading experience of my life, no exaggeration there.

Here's another illustration. Looks like there's a bit of CGI in there...

tumblr_nzvb9rDcBO1sqqtwzo1_1280.jpg

Here's another illustration. Looks like there's a bit of CGI in there...
I see it's all CG. The fact it fooled you means they improved their toon shading/rendering technique a lot.
I'm afraid it will look more CG in animated sequences. I hope they put in enough budget to keep the overall quality top class.

I just hope the new animes are better than the recent movies. Those were disappointing...

I see it's all CG. The fact it fooled you means they improved their toon shading/rendering technique a lot.
I'm afraid it will look more CG in animated sequences. I hope they put in enough budget to keep the overall quality top class.

nowadays almost all cartoons are done in cellshade CG but initially they tried too hard to make them 2D in 3D, modern cellshade made sure they look 2D. Most of the environment in cartoons are actually 3D, because with a 3D environment you can easily manipulate the camera angles instead of drawing them page by page. Very few cartoons still rely on handdrawn because it takes too much time and you can't reuse the material as easy as CG.

nowadays almost all cartoons are done in cellshade CG but initially they tried too hard to make them 2D in 3D, modern cellshade made sure they look 2D. Most of the environment in cartoons are actually 3D, because with a 3D environment you can easily manipulate the camera angles instead of drawing them page by page. Very few cartoons still rely on handdrawn because it takes too much time and you can't reuse the material as easy as CG.

As someone with a degree in classical 2d animation. This is the reason Disney bought Pixar and closed down their 2d animation studio years ago.

The reality is, 3d animation is much easier to produce once assets have been finalized. If a scene needs to be changed in 3d, you drag and pull and modify the timeline and you still maintain visual consistency. If you change anything in 2d animation, you can kiss all that work goodbye pretty much.

That's why everything has to be storyboarded and timed with key poses locked before you actually do any real animation and in-betweening.

Back