Ben-Hur Remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's next remaking the Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, The Godfather, Jaws, Seven Samurai, the Searchers, The Quiet Man, Blade Runner, Alien... Some films are just sacred

Nah...no such thing as sacred. Remake them and reboot them all. It won't change anything, because the originals still exists. If a remake/reboot is great, cool another film I can watch. If it sucks, the original is still there. It's inevitable that most films will get rebooted. Soon we'll start seeing 80's films like Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, and Robocop...oh wait..it started already and the world didn't end :lol

Honestly, you should take your own advise once in awhile.

I do. Remakes of flicks don't bother me. :dunno

Abake says it best:

I've no problem with remakes.
Doesn't have any effect on my enjoyment of the original movie, and there's a (remote) chance that it'll be good. Besides, this is supposed to be based on the book, not the Heston movie.
Wasn't there a thread about this already?

Imagine the first Two Godfather films getting remade or rebooted. I just can't imagine it. Ben Hur is up there for me and was worthy of all those Oscars. He'll let em reboot Titanic lol

Remakes are great. If they're good, sweet, now we have another movie to watch (like new Godzilla, King Kong, The Ring, The Thing, etc.) If they're bad, so what, ignore 'em, and even bad remakes usually prompt studios to bring back the original in some fancy new blu-ray or something (4K RoboCop.)

I'll take a bad remake over a bad sequel any day. RoboCop 2014 >>>>>>>>>>>> RoboCop 3.

What's next remaking the Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, The Godfather, Jaws, Seven Samurai, the Searchers, The Quiet Man, Blade Runner, Alien... Some films are just sacred

Considering many of those were novels first, they wouldn't technically be remakes, just new interpretations of adapted material. Also, Seven Samurai has already been remade pretty successfully as The Magnificent Seven.

Yeah, Magnificent Seven is one of the best examples why filmmakers should "re-imagine" classics from time to time. In a similar vein is Fistful of Dollars, which is a remake of Kurosawa's Yojimbo. Bogey's Maltese Falcon was a remake. The Cape Fear remake was quite good and gave us one of Deniro's more memorable wacko performances. The Coen's remake of True Grit was excellent and distinctive.

The Original Star Wars trilogy and LOTR should be remade too. For me some things are held very sacred and nolstolgic.

The Original Star Wars trilogy and LOTR should be remade too. For me some things are held very sacred and nolstolgic.

Which would make perfect sense if they were already remakes when they were released. They weren't (unless you count the animated films for LOTR).

LOTR could be done every 2-3 generations since it's story is literary based on not specific to the early 2000's. I don't know that there would be much incentive since the PJ movies were done so well though. As for SW, no remake could ever harm the OT like the SE's did.

Back