Ben? Ben Kenobi? Boy will I be glad to see you.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, with the ANH 1/6 figure gates open, now more than ever, I am hoping very much so that we will get a Ben "Obi-Wan" Kenobi 1/6 figure, and please, please, please let Andy Berholtz have sculpted it, there are other great sculptors at Sideshow but Andy is ALL OVER getting Obi-Wan, he nailed Ewan and I know he could nail Alec.

MaulFan said:
Well, with the ANH 1/6 figure gates open, now more than ever, I am hoping very much so that we will get a Ben "Obi-Wan" Kenobi 1/6 figure, and please, please, please let Andy Berholtz have sculpted it, there are other great sculptors at Sideshow but Andy is ALL OVER getting Obi-Wan, he nailed Ewan and I know he could nail Alec.

Well, if we have 2 Lukes and 2 Leias now might as well have a 2nd Ben.

I'm really looking forward to a Old Ben 1:6th. This will be a perfect companion for the ROTS one.

Seretur said:
Andy doesn't work for Sideshow anymore, though.

Right?

Right but he did the Leia figure from tonight's newsletter. Just stuff he finished before he left. Its only NOW being revealed.

Seretur said:
Andy doesn't work for Sideshow anymore, though.

Right?

Correct but he did state that there were some sculpts by him that hadn't been shown off yet, so I'm crossing my fingers Old Ben was one of them.

IrishJedi said:
NO. :(

When did this happen? Obviously when I was out-of-pocket due to my real-life drama (November-December).

VERY bad news. :monkey2

Indeed, but there is hope, he did say there were some sculpts of his that hadn't been shared publicly for the 1/6 Star Wars line, though his work has ceased, his legacy will live on for a time :)

Well, it might very well be an Andy sculpt of Old Ben we end up getting, then.

Although Mat has done some outstanding work, in all fairness. And Trevor just might eclipse them both in the end -- every single face sculpt of his I've seen has been flawless.

I'd be down for one..But i am hoping Medicom makes one with the 30th anv. and all.But i'll buy whoever makes one.

/runs and hides.

Medicom is not the company to make Old Ben, he needs the quality face paint apps from Sideshow, I don't want a toy faced Ben, I want a Ben that makes you gasp every time you look at it because it's so life like. As for my hope for an Andy B. sculpt, I by no means feel that there aren't other equally capable sculptors at Sideshow, I've even said that Oluf is growing on me after Maul, Qui-Gon and Boromir, BUT, each of them has a style to their sculpts that you can recognize who did it, and I just personally feel Andy's style is best for Old Ben.

If medi's face sculpt was anything like wolverines i'd be happy.(even with the anime flavor)Plus old bens arms wouldn't fall down every time i tried to pose him.

"Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi... You're my only hope."

He'll be released this year in ANH ---- but his release will coincide with the first armoured SS figure... VADER!!!!!! ( you can't have one without the other)

DarthNeil said:
He'll be released this year in ANH ---- but his release will coincide with the first armoured SS figure... VADER!!!!!! ( you can't have one without the other)

I can.

Especially since chances are that the eventual Vader figure won't be the ANH version. :(

Back