Ben? Ben Kenobi? Boy will I be glad to see you.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MaulFan said:
You are correct, there were the different shades in ANH, but, likely due to budget, the distinction between shades was very minimal where it got more exaggerated in ESB and ROTJ. I don't know if they'd do it, but it'd be really great to just buy one Vader figure with every accessory needed to make every appearance of Vader in the Saga.

Yeah, that's doubtful... when there's money to be made re-releasing another version: like an SDCC ANH version after an ESB PPO.

Anyway, I'll take whatever version they offer.

MaulFan said:
Everyone has different views on the definitive Vader, for me it's ROTJ with removable helmet, unless they added the removable helmet feature to an ANH or ESB Vader, which many would be upset about for film inaccuracy, but the removable helmet feature is what really makes it a full Vader because that makes the figure have the features of Vader's suit (not the prop, but what, by what is seen over the 4 film appearances, is Vader's suit, the helmet is 3 pieces but is only shown that functionality in 2 films).

I know. Which is why they may do one from each movie I suppose. I would prefer ANH but that's just me.

I'm hoping that the first half of this year is bursting with ANH offerings I have absolute faith in their ability to do a Vader well, since the PF came out so well and I think they will make each one for each film since there is little chance they won't sell regardless. It would be very appropriate that their first armored Vader is from his first appearance (in real time).
Hopefully Ben should be just around the corner.

Old Ben, much like Episode III Obi-Wan, will be the crown jewel of my OT figures (Jabba is the crown jewel of my entire 1/6 collection and will always be so). There's just something about Obi-Wan, and it took the prequels to make me appreciate him more. I think I didn't always have a big enthusiasm about him becuase he had very little involvement (as far as screen time) in the first trilogy, but with the development of the young Obi-Wan and Ewan's performance, the character has come to really grow on me and my favorite appearances are Episode 3 & 4-6, yeah he was older in the OT and not as physically active, but what I love is how he's a fatherly figure, he's a noble man, he can be very diplomatic and great at solving matters in a non-violent way, but even in old age, if he had to get things done, he worked the lightsaber mastefully.

I love Obi Wan, he was th best part of the PT. I always liked him, but I give the PT credit for really enhancing him. I'd love an Old Ben 12". I would like the PF one day, but a 12" would be an instant classic.

MaulFan said:
Old Ben, much like Episode III Obi-Wan, will be the crown jewel of my OT figures (Jabba is the crown jewel of my entire 1/6 collection and will always be so). There's just something about Obi-Wan, and it took the prequels to make me appreciate him more. I think I didn't always have a big enthusiasm about him becuase he had very little involvement (as far as screen time) in the first trilogy, but with the development of the young Obi-Wan and Ewan's performance, the character has come to really grow on me and my favorite appearances are Episode 3 & 4-6, yeah he was older in the OT and not as physically active, but what I love is how he's a fatherly figure, he's a noble man, he can be very diplomatic and great at solving matters in a non-violent way, but even in old age, if he had to get things done, he worked the lightsaber mastefully.

Amen to all that, Maulfan.

I've been an Obi-Wan fan since my early 20s. Before that, especially as a young child, I thought Luke was the best.

Over time, I came to appreciate the old master, seeing all the little touches that Guinness put into the character.

One of my best friends, also a Star Wars nut, was fond of saying that Ben was just a lying SOB who went down like a chump to Vader. We'd argue about "a certain point of view" all the time. Good geeky fun.

Then the prequels came and the coolness of Obi-Wan was revealed to all.

(And, to my eyes, Luke looks like a whiny rookie now.)

Anzik Hayes said:
I wonder if they'll do the Vader/Ben duel environment, or maybe the tractor beam control.

Vader-Ben duel environement maybe, but I get a feeling any Star Wars environments will be done around being able to use it for displaying multiple figures, like Jabba's throne, the tractor beam controls, while a cool idea and would be neat in 1/6 scale, would really only work for Ben by himself, and maybe a Stormtrooper or 2.

Well, when the start of ANH figures occurred, I got to wishing and started this thread, now, my wish has come true. :)

052407kenobi.jpg

FINALLY a new Star Wars 1:6th figure I can be excited about!!!!!

And I think the sculpt looks great!!!!

The sculpt nails it---- you've got to wonder if the 1/6 figs that come out after their PF has been released will benefit from that first high end attempt.

DarthNeil said:
The sculpt nails it---- you've got to wonder if the 1/6 figs that come out after their PF has been released will benefit from that first high end attempt.

I would say no because it's two different artists. A trend I've seen in Sideshow's sculptors is that they are stylistic and each have strengths. Mat Falls is perfect at sculpting Luke Skywalker for the 1/6 line, Andy B. and Trev are phenominal for sculpting portraits with a great deal of character in them, and that is why this one is so great, Trev really brings out the qualities that define Alec's face in a way that results in a breathtaking sculpt.

Now this has reinvigerated my love for this line - After failing to aquired The Jabba set & the other figures - It feels good to get back onto the line - Better get Vader at SDCC!!!

PS: Not a PF buyer but how sweet is the speedbike trooper!:chew

Back