"Behind The Mask, The Rise of Leslie Vernon" Gets An Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the idea. The idea is incredibly original. You have to really enjoy meta horror to like the flick, though. If you watch it as a straight up slasher, it's not going to work. It's a comedy, satire on horror slashers. But it actually gives insight to how characters interact in this environment, and why they do stupid things.

Cabin In the Woods did a similar thing with it, but they took a different approach. Both work. But BTM is a bit more grounded, and has a nice sense of realism.

The ending does pay off, but not in a "HOLY **** WOW!" but more like "
Huh, this is interesting. "

A lot of people don't like meta horror stuff. So it's all up to preference. I found the movie to be funny as hell, with a lot of great nods to classic horror tropes.

I loved the movie up to the point where the girl
Spoiler Spoiler:

I like the movie but the end ruins it a little bit because of that

Tried again last week and was looking for interruptions to stop watching it, so I paused it and forgot about it until later when I was too tired to stay awake for it. At some point I need to force myself to just sit through it. :( :lol

I don't see why. :lol

Not your kind of movie. No reason to keep at it. :lol

It's just one of those super niche movies that no one know about, except us, that we can get excited about. :D

I loved the movie up to the point where the girl
Spoiler Spoiler:

I like the movie but the end ruins it a little bit because of that

That was the entire point. He explained why she would do those things. He told her everything. And when the moment came, she did act accordingly.

I stopped reading Fangoria years ago. But at that time, it was worth whoring out. Saw was going strong, and there was nothing but ****ty PG-13 ghost slashers. So it was a breath of fresh air.

I found it in a little corner of Blockbuster, no one touched it on release day. And I was beyond surprised.

I stopped reading Fangoria years ago. But at that time, it was worth whoring out. Saw was going strong, and there was nothing but ****ty PG-13 ghost slashers. So it was a breath of fresh air.

I found it in a little corner of Blockbuster, no one touched it on release day. And I was beyond surprised.

Probably because they'd had friends who tried to sit through multiple screenings. :lol

That was the entire point. He explained why she would do those things. He told her everything. And when the moment came, she did act accordingly.

But the thing is if they were going to explain everything, (Or he was going to explain everything to her) why not change the rules? make the girl do something unexpected?

I seriously thought that was the whole point of the movie. to have the girl act smart and do unexpected things, break the cliches, Not follow them :cuckoo:
I mean the movie is what it is and I did like it I loved the actors I liked the killer. I even liked the attack of the party, but I lost my love for the movie when the girl just followed everything he said. Felt lazy from the writers. They could have created new horror rules. What was great about Cabin in the Woods is that they did just that. The girl figures out what the truth is and they dont follow any cliches. Even at the end she doesn't shoot him.
Behind the mask had a really good opportunity to break the mold but they decided to have the girl do everything she knew she wasn't supposed to. I just don't get if the movie was making fun of this or they couldn't think of something better to end the movie with.

Maybe you're right then and I'll just let it warm it's little spot in my collection. :lol

Get out?....you got a collection? How are you able to afford them living at home in your moms basement using their internet in place of a real social life.

If your able to collect $5 by the end of the week I know a guy that has a Justin bieber bobble head you might be interested in. Let me know.

Chris

Get out?....you got a collection? How are you able to afford them living at home in your moms basement using their internet in place of a real social life.

If your able to collect $5 by the end of the week I know a guy that has a Justin bieber bobble head you might be interested in. Let me know.

Chris

Awwwwe, someone's mad because I reported their pathetic widdew anti-Sideshow troll thread. Trolling reported. :wave

But the thing is if they were going to explain everything, (Or he was going to explain everything to her) why not change the rules? make the girl do something unexpected?

I seriously thought that was the whole point of the movie. to have the girl act smart and do unexpected things, break the cliches, Not follow them :cuckoo:
I mean the movie is what it is and I did like it I loved the actors I liked the killer. I even liked the attack of the party, but I lost my love for the movie when the girl just followed everything he said. Felt lazy from the writers. They could have created new horror rules. What was great about Cabin in the Woods is that they did just that. The girl figures out what the truth is and they dont follow any cliches. Even at the end she doesn't shoot him.
Behind the mask had a really good opportunity to break the mold but they decided to have the girl do everything she knew she wasn't supposed to. I just don't get if the movie was making fun of this or they couldn't think of something better to end the movie with.

The point wasn't to break the cliches. It was to embrace them.

Cabin was about breaking the mold. Behind the Mask was about accepting them.

The point wasn't to break the cliches. It was to embrace them.

Cabin was about breaking the mold. Behind the Mask was about accepting them.

I guess that makes sense. You might be right but I still would have liked the girl to do the exact opposite of what she was supposed to. But I get it now.

We all would. But that's the point Leslie was trying to make. And he wanted her to become what she always was. But she had to endure this. Otherwise it would've worked.

this figure will be interesting

i really hope they make a second one. We need as many horror movies coming out as we can.... its just to bad that these days alot are crap :slap

I Love the movie but I am not sure about this figure. from the movie the thing I never really liked was his mask. I don't know if there was a point in making his mask that way but I never really liked it. Didn't really look scary or cool.
And now that I see it in toy form it looks a little bit silly.

Back