Be Cautious when dealing with Uncle Sam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should contact Uncle Sam directly and ask about this and see if he can sort it out for you before making it public. IMO.

That's a whole lot melted plastic...wonder the honest to god reason for it all.

I'm afraid we're going to need clearer pics and more explanation of what happened here. Jj. Sorry about your luck. The good news is the damaged parts dont look too pricey and you got the clothing sets in good condition.

The pictures don't get any clearer, unless I buy a new camera. And I don't know what you mean by "more explanation". I can't get into molecules and thermodynamics.

I believe he was kidding. When he put Jj, I think he meant JK. Sorry for what happened through this transaction!

Some of these pictures look semi-obscene :lol

I thought this thread was going to be about doing your taxes.

I thought the same thing :lecture

Sorry you have some damage to your pieces, but honestly I don't really understand the need to post this thread or to take so much time writing all of these descriptions for the pictures especially if you don't want a refund or to harm a person's standing :huh

No, but your thread's intent is not very clear. You say you don't want to request a refund or hurt is feedback... yet now you're wanting to protect people from risk.

I guess I'm just more confused than anything. And out of curiosity does the damage (aside from the wrist peg) prevent the body from working or is it noticeable once fully assembled?

It is definitely odd... what body is this? I've got a bunch of spare parts I (or maybe another member) might be able to help out :duff

I don't know much about Uncle Sam but this body does look to be a Triad Toys EVA/EVO or a mix of a couple of different parts.

SPECUALTION:

Triad ALPHA Ankle cups....Those are the correct parts for th body. I don't know why they would be cracked and burnt unless they tried putting a different foot on the post and decided to heat up the post instead of the foot they were using.
Triad ALPHA/EVA/EVO neck...It seems like they used another manufacturer's neck post and heated it to make it work. Triad uses a smaller neckpost thus...this is why you have an attempt to put a bigger/melted neck post in a smaller opening-CRACK..CRACK..CRACK.
Triad ALPHA hand but wait....that is not the stock wrist pin for it....By
looking at the picture, it is an ALPHA hand but the wrist pin looks like a stock Takara/TTL/CG generic wrist pin which rotates in two directions. A Triad ALPHA wrist pin rotates via a double ball joint and NOT a hinged type of wrist pin. Most of you know what I mean.

In closing....I think you should contact the person. Second, be sure you received what you were supposed to receive. Did you purchase a mix of parts or a stock body?

NOTE:
Whoever is responsible for this dispicable and diabolical act to this body, NEVER USE A FLAME OR HEATGUN ON PLASTIC! ! ! A BIT OF BOILING WATER OR EVEN A COUPLE SWIPES WITH A HAIRDRYER WORKS WONDERS....

SMcG

wow red was this the body you sent me to work on your military looks. These must have been the damages you spoke about not to mention the damage i saw to the post for the right arm of triad that connects to body.

The scorch marks might be what sith mentioned he was trying to use a flame or what have to to posibly remove the post to work with them when a hairdryer on high works best. one of my otaku's wrist snaped and they were at least nice enough to send replacement parts no cost to me because it was the only part that broak by following instructions due to falty plastic.

Back