Battlestar Galactica 1/6 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was very disappointed when those figures from Amok Time didn't make it into production.
I pre-ordered all five figures and I remember that at one point Amok Time said
that the BSG figures would definately be produced.
I took that as confirmation that they had enough pre-orders.

But then the release date was postponed and when they redesigned their webpage
the BSG pre-orders simply disappeared. I never got an e-mail from them and I never saw
them mentioning the figures again in their new section. My e-mails were never answered.
Very bad customer service.

My impression was that Amok Time as a newcomer in the business of action figuren production
underestimated the amount of work and money necessary to make those figures?

I saw that they recently released that "Killer Clowns" figure that had been announced
at approximately the same time as the BSG figures.
It took them several years to produce that figure!

If only some other company had taken over the BSG line from Majestic :(

I seriously doubt anyone is going to license this property, original or new, for 1/6th scale figures. As much as some of us like it, it simply isn't popular enough to support a successful line of figures. Amok Time was new at figure production when they started thier projects. It was a bold move to start with characters that expanded the line. Most companies probably would have redone Apollo and Starbuck before moving on to Athena and Boomer. They had nice prototypes and put together a really nice display at Toyfair to launch the line. I kinda know some of the people involved and there was a lot of setbacks that where really beyond thier control. Besides a lack of preorders they also had issues with the contracted factory not having access to enough African American bodies (Boomer and Tige) and female bodies (Athena). Then the economy tanked. Factories are now demanding larger production runs so they probably felt like they were fighting a losing battle. As long as those clowns have taken they are finally coming out. This shows the tenacity of the parties involved in that they have a real desire to make these projects happen if there is any way possible. I saw on another board that the Blacula 12 inch figure is finally being produced. If you are a BSG fan your best bet at this point is to get on board with the custom projects that are being offered.. That is likely the only way you will ever be able to own these characters in 1/6th.

Still waiting for someone to release a classic Cylon with scanning LED eye.

Its a dragon German uniform with the collar sewn down,a scarf used for the shoulder parts and the lot dyed blue.got a bsg from patches of pride.needs the belt and boots changing. Will try and be more specific this evening when ive finished work.

I wish we could get any sort of BSG merchandise that didn't cost an arm and a leg like the QMX ship replicas.

I know 1/6 figures are never going to happen now, but would love Funko or one of those other vinyl companies to pick it up and do some figures.

This is one of my favourite shows and it sucks the only thing on the market is those MacFarlane figures, which look awful imo.

Back