Battle of the Big Bads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Gentlemen were simply brilliant - the way they applauded each other on a job well done, was creepy yet hilarious. Possibly the best villains in any show, period.

If we are more looking at major story arc baddies, then sure - Angelus was right up there - but once he went his own way, you sit of forgot about him. While she was sometimes maligned, I particularly liked Glory. I thought she had a great prescence, was sassy, and gave them a challenge unlike anything before, which was so powerful, only the ultimate sacrifice truly brought her down..

The Gentlemen were simply brilliant - the way they applauded each other on a job well done, was creepy yet hilarious. Possibly the best villains in any show, period.

If we are more looking at major story arc baddies, then sure - Angelus was right up there - but once he went his own way, you sit of forgot about him. While she was sometimes maligned, I particularly liked Glory. I thought she had a great prescence, was sassy, and gave them a challenge unlike anything before, which was so powerful, only the ultimate sacrifice truly brought her down..

"Hush" all-around was such a well thought out and written episode, all the way down to the dialogue (and lack thereof.) And to end it the way they did with the Riley and Buffy saying we should talk, but both reluctant to start a conversation about what just unfolded. Just the whole irony of the situation. There was magic in that episode.

I really loved the trio (not that one... you've heard of us though) of Spike Dru and Angelus. I think they top my list. But the Mayor and Faith are a very close second. Big Bad Asses!

For me number 1 was Angelus. I think for Buffy this was the biggest bad she would face. For many reasons. I don't need to tell you all those reasons...you all watched the show. :lol

For me the quintessential Buffy villain was the Mayor.

Great lines and humour which never undermined the threat he posed.

"Don't we knock during dark rituals?" :D

For me, midway through season 2 is where the show really hit its stride. End of season 2 is heartbreaking. But season 3 and the mayor are tops for me, just barely edging out Angel.

I should have made a poll for this thread. :lol

I still think the Angelus is tops for me, BUT I'd be interested to see Dark Willow take on the First. One on one. I know the First isn't corporeal, but can up that power into a body and pit it against Dark Willow. That would be something, I think.

Back