Battle for Middle-earth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveyjaro

High-King of Gondor
Reaction score
I have a problem with BFME. In Campaign Act 5 Rohan, 10 minutes into the battle all of the Rohan troops, buildings and Citadels explode and I cannot continue. It happens every time. Has this happened to anyone before? any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Did you download the latest patch? I don't know if that will help but it may be worth a try if you haven't already done it.

LOOK HERE

Explode? My god, I've never heard of that before! This game quite simply rules all and is one of the best games I've ever played. And the second one is out on the 3rd of next month!

Do you have a legal (store bought) version? I know of alot of games who use this kind of 'bugs' as a copy-protection.

FrodoEyes said:
Explode? My god, I've never heard of that before! This game quite simply rules all and is one of the best games I've ever played. And the second one is out on the 3rd of next month!

Sounds like fun! I am not really good at computer games, so when I was able to finish this one successfully I was quite proud of myself. I killed off the entire cast of characters at the final battle at the Black Gates, but managed to last long enough with the remaining soldiers to just barely finish the level. It was a lot of fun, and I look forward to trying the sequel.

I believe BFME II will be available for the 360 sometime later this year. I am also unsure as to how they will tackle the controls. :huh

well im sure the xbox 360 and/ or ps3 could handle the graphics and processing power for the battle for middle earth 2... but in my experience NO real time strategy game is worth playing on a console-- just because of the control setups. now the 360 does have usb 2.0 ports and im sure the ps3 will too so who knows if they will make the games controls adjustable for usb keyboards (the thought has crossed my mind many times) this would rock hard for people that dont have high end pc's or people that just want to get it for their console.

hairlesswookiee said:
well im sure the xbox 360 and/ or ps3 could handle the graphics and processing power for the battle for middle earth 2... but in my experience NO real time strategy game is worth playing on a console-- just because of the control setups. now the 360 does have usb 2.0 ports and im sure the ps3 will too so who knows if they will make the games controls adjustable for usb keyboards (the thought has crossed my mind many times) this would rock hard for people that dont have high end pc's or people that just want to get it for their console.

It will be interesting to see if we begin to see RTS games on these new fancy-shmancy consoles, as well as MMORPGs like Star Wars Galaxies--my wife is practically addicted to that thing. The ability to connect a USB keyboard and mouse up to your XBOX opens up a whole range of precise control and command options. Too bad I just stink at video games...

Tried Halo 2 on XBOX live the other night. Never before have I been cussed at by so many 12 year olds in such a relatively brief span of time.

Hey guys thanks for the responses.

I have Patch 1.02 the latest. It is PC CD-ROM Also it is a legal store bought copy. Actually, I played this exact battle before and the exploding buildings and troops only happened after I tried to restore a saved game and try again. The reason, I was just too good and took out the Isengard Citadel in 20 minutes flat. It is very strange because I was able to build a second citadel at an outpost and that was destroyed too.

One thing I did do after installing the game was install Windows XP PRO upgrade from XP HOME, reinstalled the Audio Drivers and installed Windows Defender Antispyware. It could be the spyware, I am going to turn it off and try again.

Sauron getting the ring back? Well, maybe, I did choose to send Eomer and Rohirrim to Westfold, maybe I should send him to EastFold where Lurtz is nearby. By doing so, he may be distracted, have less Uruks to send to Amon Hen and Frodo can escape. IT would make sense, however, it doesn't explain why I could play this battle before.

I loved that game, it was by far the best LOTR game I had played on the computer. Just a lot of fun to play and cool to watch unfold. Something's just cool about summoning the army of the dead and watching them swarm the enemy!! I can't wait to play the next one!

I know of alot of games who use this kind of 'bugs' as a copy-protection.

I think when I upgraded to XP PRO from XP HOME it somehow triggered the copy protection by mistake. I uninstalled and then reinstalled BFME (entered the Code Key again) and I was able to complete the battle. That is a bug in their copyright protection!

The game is great, leading the Rohirrim is cool. Build an elven wood stay there in ambush and destroy battallion after battallion of Uruks wandering in there. The only thing that is very difficult is managing all the action. Other problem I have is troops automatically attacking a close target (when many are together) and getting themselves killed. I try to pull them back so they can heal. So far I have no Rohirrim above Rank 2 yet, except Eomer is now Rank 4. I like the fact that the actors appear to be providing the voices, well most of them anyway. I link Orlando was not available, cause that does not sound like him. Eomer and Gandalf are dead on, it must be the actors.

I will be getting BFME2 when it comes out, but I want to Finish BFME1 first!

I've played the game many many times. Just waiting for the 2nd version and then I can get a new Keyset for my Z-board to go with the game.
bfme2keyset5he.jpg

Until then I keep shooting people at Battlefield 2:devil , Star Wars Battlefront 2:lightsabe

And keep destroying army's in Age of Empires 3:mwaha

1.03 patch was just released. They made a good game even better(kinda the point of a patch though). :wacky

sorry to interject guys, but i would love this game too!! unfortunately, i have a mac. do you think they'll ever make it for the mac? or has someone with a mac been able to play with it using virtual pc or some other program?

any info would be great as i now dont have any LOTR games to play (though i can do the dark forces for the third age)and i wont get tactics as i dont have a psp.

thanks a bunch.

1.03 patch was just released.

Gotta check that out, I just patched to 1.02 the other day. Anybody here place online?

i have a mac. do you think they'll ever make it for the mac? or has someone with a mac been able to play with it using virtual pc or some other program?

Another solution is buy a PC! :D

I have played Amiga Games made in the 90's on my PC, so you may be able to play BFME on your Mac if it has PC emulator. My PC is not too slow (P4 2GHZ and 512 MB) but sometimes the battle slows a little if alot is happening on screen.

Some of the added touches to the game are very cool and funny.

On Amon Hen, when Lurtz buys the farm, Gimli says something like. "Heh, nothing to it". That was pretty funny. And I like how if you play well, you can save Boromir, all of my Fellowship is intact so far.

Daveyjaro said:
Another solution is buy a PC! :D

thought about that but my wifey just rolled her eyes at me...shook her head when i told her that i would get her a laptop i could borrow just so i could get to play BFME!!!

i'm still hoping...

Back